• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dog bites man. and then some

dig:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/09/sho....ap/index.html

Re: dog bites man. and then some

For those of you who are too lazy to click:

A man who tried to shoot seven puppies was shot himself when one of the dogs put its paw on the revolver's trigger.

Jerry Allen Bradford, 37, was charged with felony animal cruelty, the Escambia County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday. He was being treated at a hospital for a gunshot wound to his wrist.

Bradford said he decided to shoot the 3-month-old shepherd-mix dogs in the head because he couldn't find them a home, according to the sheriff's office.

On Monday, Bradford was holding two puppies -- one in his arms and another in his left hand -- when the dog in his hand wiggled and put its paw on the trigger of the .38-caliber revolver. The gun then discharged, the sheriff's report said.

Deputies found three of the puppies in a shallow grave outside Bradford's home, said sheriff's Sgt. Ted Roy.

The other four appeared to be in good health and were taken by Escambia County Animal Control, which planned to make them available for adoption.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
      For those of you who are too lazy to click:
      but for those that aren't; cute heartbreaking pic of the other pups.
      and a big article...

Comment

I saw the article on the CNN website this morning. I am wondering if this person went to the animal shelter before he decided to kill the pups? And how did he manage to get seven pups? The article did not mention the status of the pups mother.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
          I saw the article on the CNN website this morning. I am wondering if this person went to the animal shelter before he decided to kill the pups? And how did he manage to get seven pups? The article did not mention the status of the pups mother.

I am wondering if he also went to taco bell. And also did he stop on the way to pay his phone bill at verizon? I also wonder why he managed to get seven instead of five? Why not eight pups? The article also did not mention the status of the father. Or the uncle. Nor exactly how big the mother is. And the article did not mention how much the pups weighed altogether.
          Last edited by kimo55; September 9, 2004, 09:11 PM. Reason: reason for editing? I aim stewpeed

Comment

Working...
          X