speed limits; mean zip nowadays.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed limits; mean zip nowadays.

Sickandtired of erryone turning kal hiway into a freeway. everyone does 50 and up. even tho the speed limit is 35.
    makes no difference.
    There is a reason it's 35.
    It is not designed as a freeway is.
    It is a dense residential area.
    and one with schools.
    and kids hangin out and walking the length of it.
    and one with many beach parks. This means kids and people coming and going to and from the parks.
    someone tried to test the speedway late last nite:

last nite at about 2.45 am. heard a loud crash as if the kitchen in its entirety were falling down.
    Ran around the property;
    all ok.
    heard a car horn stuck on.
    ran oustside
    to kal hiway.
    Some po' fool, ran up and over the curb, apparently aiming for the wheelchair easement and other targets.
    witness said the car passed him, going about 45 at least.
    he drove along the sidewalk, tore up a chain link fence of a private property, knocked over a street light. the impact tossed the light head into a house front porch.
    destroyed the home's chain link fence.
    Tall light pole left on the hiway. air bag saved the bad driver.
    car is totalled.
    Car left on hiway.
    the driver, yards away from car sitting on sidewalk. Looked frustrated.
    "Nope. That didn't work." he's thinking
    Hope this idiot NOW learns; this is not a speedway.
    how many others need to learn the hard way and put innocent bystanders and their property, life and limp at risk?!

Re: speed limits; mean zip nowadays.

You know on Moloka'i, dey get road signs all ova da place dat say. "Slow down, you on Moloka'i"? Well, da fastest allowable speed is 45 mph on any road (mostly 2 lane kine roads...not even freeways!). So we were being good tourists and obeying da posted speed limits and had plenty locals going fasta den dat!

And on Maui, more worse! Driving on da Haleakala Hwy from Kahului to Upcountry, everybody but me going 60-75 mph! What I like know is, what is everybody's hurry, anyway? (Wot? Maybe dey go leave da keiki in da bathtub and wen go foget???) Plenty guys who wen speed past me still wen go get stopped at da same light I was at...so poho all da wasted gas and still not going go anywhere...fast! You guys live on islands, anden. Only can go around da island so many times, yeah?

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; September 12, 2004, 01:45 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      You know on Moloka'i, dey get road signs all ova da place dat say. "Slow down, you on Moloka'i"?

Miulang

(...I knew i could get Miulang to come out and play on dis sunday!)

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        (...I knew i could get Miulang to come out and play on dis sunday!)
        Heeheehee! Wot?! I owe you money or something now?
        You wen read da stuff I wen go post about WalMart and Mexico? I was thinking foa shuah you going say something in there!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Heeheehee! Wot?! I owe you money or something now?
          You wen read da stuff I wen go post about WalMart and Mexico? I was thinking foa shuah you going say something in there!

Miulang

wait for it, wait for it!

Comment

You know on Moloka'i, dey get road signs all ova da place dat say. "Slow down, you on Moloka'i"? Well, da fastest allowable speed is 45 mph on any road (mostly 2 lane kine roads...not even freeways!). So we were being good tourists and obeying da posted speed limits and had plenty locals going fasta den dat!

And on Maui, more worse! Driving on da Haleakala Hwy from Kahului to Upcountry, everybody but me going 60-75 mph! What I like know is, what is everybody's hurry, anyway? (Wot? Maybe dey go leave da keiki in da bathtub and wen go foget???) Plenty guys who wen speed past me still wen go get stopped at da same light I was at...so poho all da wasted gas and still not going go anywhere...fast! You guys live on islands, anden. Only can go around da island so many times, yeah?

Miulang
            That was GREAT!!! I bitch about speeders where i live all the time, so awesome to *hear* a pidgin version!!!
            If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Working...
            X