Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would an editor by trade want to join this board when there are bound to be error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would an editor by trade want to join this board when there are bound to be error

Why would an editor by trade want to join this board when there are bound to be error

The answer is because I'm a glutton for punishment! hehe

I probably won't pe doing much posting here since I am so busy, but you can feel to wisit one my many sites:

http://auntiegabbz.tripod.com --This is Auntie's way of giving her advice. No be shy for ask her questions!

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showth...&referrerid=512

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~martinje --just a mish-mash of everything.

http://www2.hawaii.edu/~jmartin -- just a little place to keep my business stuff until I can find a new host.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. What island did you grow up on?
    2. What high school you went?
    3. Where you living now?
    4. If you wen' move since Question 1, why you wen move?
    Last edited by admin; September 13, 2004, 06:04 AM. Reason: The Poll Isn't Showing Up As I'd Like
    The inability to hear is a nuisance; The inability to communicate a tragedy. Hear my hands!

Re: Why would an editor by trade want to join this board when there are bound to be error

"Why would an editor by trade want to join this board when there are bound to be error."

Errrrr ... if you are an "editor by trade" and you wrote that sentence, I do have to wonder ....

Comment

Re: Why would an editor by trade want to join this board when there are bound to be error

Originally posted by Albert
      "Why would an editor by trade want to join this board when there are bound to be error."

Errrrr ... if you are an "editor by trade" and you wrote that sentence, I do have to wonder ....

Gee . . . sorry eh! We all make mistakes. Even editors. Leave a little room for a person acutally being human.

And thanks for the absolutely wonderful welcome. I certainly appreciate the fact that you embrace the "Aloha Spirit."
      The inability to hear is a nuisance; The inability to communicate a tragedy. Hear my hands!

Comment

Re: Why would an editor by trade want to join this board when there are bound to be e

I'd hate to think you don't feel welcome here, Jemmie. Despite the absence of one of those accursed smileys, I'd hoped you'd see some good-natured ribbing when you saw it. We sure didn't take the "why should I be here when I'm so busy?" the wrong way...

After all, who wouldn't appreciate the irony of an editor declaring herself with an editing error? I'd think an editor would, most of all!

Comment

Re: Why would an editor by trade want to join this board when there are bound to be e

Originally posted by pzarquon
          After all, who wouldn't appreciate the irony of an editor declaring herself with an editing error? I'd think an editor would, most of all!

I do consider myself one who makes typos all the time. But usually on boards like this which I thought would be kinna hang back, I neva tink someone would pull dat kine crap.

No, I didn't see it as ribbing, but then again I stay real emotional right now from one death in da family, so mebbe I wen ovvareact too.

Comment

No, I didn't see it as ribbing, but then again I stay real emotional right now from one death in da family, so mebbe I wen ovvareact too.
            I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope as the clouds clear and as light returns to your life that you'll be able to join us in our particular brand of talkstory... which may very well be an acquired taste.

I see you're from Mililani. Born and raised or a recent transplant? I'm a MHS grad, class of '92, and once again a resident after a while in Hilo and a few years as a "townie."

Comment

hahah.. thank god you're not my editor

j/k

Comment

Working...
              X