Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Q. for Expats...What do you have in your garden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q. for Expats...What do you have in your garden?

I'm wondering what kinds of plants you keep in your gardens to remind you of home.

I don't have anything yet, but my husband just ordered a Lychee seedling. I don't know if it will grow here in Louisiana, but we're going to try. He also bought some maile seeds (no idea if it'll grow here). I think i'd like to try to grow some ginger eventually.

My mom has hibiscus (blooming now) and plumeria (no blooms yet).

In Louisiana, kiele/gardenia grows everywhere.
    ~'Ailina

Re: Q. for Expats...What do you have in your garden?

Originally posted by Ailina
    I'm wondering what kinds of plants you keep in your gardens to remind you of home.

I don't have anything yet, but my husband just ordered a Lychee seedling. I don't know if it will grow here in Louisiana, but we're going to try. He also bought some maile seeds (no idea if it'll grow here). I think i'd like to try to grow some ginger eventually.

My mom has hibiscus (blooming now) and plumeria (no blooms yet).

In Louisiana, kiele/gardenia grows everywhere.
    Hui Ailina!
    I have awapuhi plants, a coffee tree and pikake all growing in pots inside the house. Sometimes I put them on the deck in the summertime just so they can feel the warmth (it doesn't get very warm in Seattle often, even in the summer).

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Q. for Expats...What do you have in your garden?

My daughter who lives in N. CA. has a ti-leaf plant she brought from here in HI from a seedling. She keeps the plant in a large planter in the house. It's done well and is thriving.
      Retired Senior Member

Comment

Working...
      X