Editing posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing posts

It tells me I can edit my posts, but how on earth do I do it? If I call up a post I want to amend, I see no option for editing.

(I'm talking about a follow-up post in a thread.)

Re: Editing posts

There's an edit window - a few hours, at least - during which you can amend a post. But you can't go back and change a message you posted further back. In those cases, a follow-up post clarifying your earlier one is fine.

The "Edit Post" feature is to help you correct mistakes or clear up a statement that you catch shortly after it's published. The time-limited window makes it more difficult to completely retract or change something - particularly after others have commented on or responded to it.

Comment

"There's an edit window - a few hours, at least"

Ugh. Should be overnight, say 24-hours.

You know, sometimes you post things, go to sleep, wake up next morning and have a second thought.

That's why I gave up ICQ.

Comment

LOL Albert, I dig your mind! the very idea of giving up ICQ for second-thoughts....thanks for my first chuckle of the day.

Have you tried AIM? (G) I am told...haven't prove this to myself, that AIM is "safer" so far as computer intrusion, etc.
        Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Working...
        X