Benefactor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefactor

watched the benefactor on last night out of curiosity. i hope he gets rid of that female teacher, Shawn.

she reeks of hate. she talked smack behind other people's back.
    Fair and Balanced

Re: Benefactor

I hadn't even heard of this show, though a Google search for 'benefactor tv' yielded this telling headline right away: 'Benefactor' takes reality TV to new lows.

Actually, I think that's a bit excessive, since there's a lot worse stuff out there. 'The Benefactor' sounds like 'The Apprentice' with more random whim. And, I gather, less appealing contestants.

Here's the official site, and Mark Cuban's weblog, FWIW.

Comment

Re: Benefactor

Originally posted by pzarquon
      I hadn't even heard of this show, though a Google search for 'benefactor tv' yielded this telling headline right away: 'Benefactor' takes reality TV to new lows.

Actually, I think that's a bit excessive, since there's a lot worse stuff out there. 'The Benefactor' sounds like 'The Apprentice' with more random whim. And, I gather, less appealing contestants.

Here's the official site, and Mark Cuban's weblog, FWIW.
      I think all those so-called "reality" shows suck. First of all, they lack creativity (the producers have to stage high drama because when you think about it real life is--well--pretty boring, and that wouldn't sell marketshare). Second, they make all participants look either really stupid or really conceited. Why would you consent to being on one of those shows unless you were deranged or running for public office? Third, these shows pander to the voyeuristic streak in the people who watch the shows. Ugh, icky poo.

Miulang

P.S. Remember "The Millionaire"? John Beresford Tipton (god, I love that name) was the mysterious, unseen benefactor to lots of down-on-their-luck people. Now that was a great show. It was in black and white, even.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X