Honolulu Mayor's Race 2004 - Chapter 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Mayor's Race 2004 - Chapter 3

Continuing this thread: With the Primary Election over, Duke Bainum and Mufi Hanneman will have to battle it out the next six weeks until the General Election in November. Neither got the 50 percent plus one needed to win outright yesterday. Bainum got 46 percent, Hanneman got 43 percent, and Fasi got about 10 percent.

Lillian Hong was fourth with 0.6 percent, followed by Terrance Teruya with 0.3 percent. Congratulations, you two, for your earnest, accessible campaigns.

Reactions? Thoughts?
    Duke Bainum
    37.50%
    Mufi Hanneman
    37.50%
    Undecided/None of the above.
    25.00%

Re: Honolulu Mayor's Race 2004 - Chapter 3

I voted for Ms. Hong in the primary because I am not completely satisfied with the top 2 winners. The choice is harder for me this time as the race stews for another 6 weeks. I think what you need Ryan is another poll to accompany this thread.... and there should be 3 choices: Bainum, Hannemann and undecided.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Honolulu Mayor's Race 2004 - Chapter 3

Ask and ye shall receive!

Comment

If the general election were held today, that perenial candidate who runs in every single race, every year.... "Blank Vote" would get my vote today.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Lillian Hong was fourth with 0.6 percent, followed by Terrance Teruya with 0.3 percent. Congratulations, you two, for your earnest, accessible campaigns.
          Ditto from me: Congratulations to both of you!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Speaking of the outcome of the election, you guys better watch out. Somebody might legally change his/her name to "Undecided" or "Blank Vote" and run in the general election. What would his/her campaign be focused on? "Anything but the status quo".

I personally would write in "Micky Mouse" for President, but I hear Minnie won't let him run...something about not wanting to live a fishbowl existence (and there were some rumors about some illicit activities related to Goofy)...

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Mahalo to you all.
              Mahalo to your kind thoughts.
              Mahalo to your encouraging thoughts.
              Mahalo to your understanding thoughts.
              I lost. For those 1016 voters who voted for me, I am very happy and very grateful.
              Well, life goes on. I just finished the Woman's expo at NBC to-night. I am trying to get in next week end's Senior Fair at NBC.
              X'mas is also coming. I will be doing jewelry shows and crafts in the future.
              I'll be waving "Mahalo" sign in the street some time before Friday. I'll most probably going back to Olelo next week.
              Thanks again to you all when I needed a shoulder to lean on. You were there for me.
              Love, Lillian Hong
              P.S. Congratulation, Mr.Teruya.

Originally posted by mel
              I voted for Ms. Hong in the primary because I am not completely satisfied with the top 2 winners. The choice is harder for me this time as the race stews for another 6 weeks. I think what you need Ryan is another poll to accompany this thread.... and there should be 3 choices: Bainum, Hannemann and undecided.
              I like to personally say thank you to you for voted for me. At the same time, I wish to also personally thank you if you are with HawaiiThreads and are reading this note and you did vote for me. Thanks a million!
              Love, Lillian Hong
              P.S. Hi, Mocha

Originally posted by LikaNui
              Ditto from me: Congratulations to both of you!
              Hi, LikaNui,
              Thank you very much.
              Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

*Hug* for Lillian

Yes.. now that's admirable. Going on with life and taking it as it comes.

Comment

Look on the bright side...you realized you got over 1000 friends! How many people can say THAT! I sure can't
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by lillian l. hong
                    Well, life goes on. I just finished the Woman's expo at NBC to-night. I am trying to get in next week end's Senior Fair at NBC.
                    X'mas is also coming. I will be doing jewelry shows and crafts in the future.
                    I'll be waving "Mahalo" sign in the street some time before Friday. I'll most probably going back to Olelo next week.
                    Hello, Ms. Hong: Yes, life must go on. But don't stop dreaming, don't stop believing, and don't stop talking to the people who stop by your booth at your shows. Keep talking to them about what you think needs to be changed. It's a harder way than having lots of money and lots of "friends" in high places. But with your sincerity and candor, I really think you will win lots of people over, one person at a time. People who talk with you will feel your sincerity and be cheering for you if you should ever run for office.

You and Mr. Teruya were the voice of the little people this time around. I hope if you and he decide to withdraw from public politics that you still take time to be active on a personal level; it's that important to your city, your state and our country right now.

Me kealoha pumehana,
                    Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

To you all-HawaiiThreads:
                      Reading your caring notes made me cry & at the same time I was laughing.
                      I am "Home Alone". My husband left this morning for Hong Kong on a buying trip. My 3rd daughter went to San Francisco for a 2 months temp. job.
                      From Star Bulletin on Sunday, September 20, 2004: Final count: I got 1095.
                      I was going to take off politics for awhile until 2005. I thought after the election I would be like a cold dead fish. I was soooo wrong.
                      I don't know why, almost every night around 11:30 p.m. I came to the computer. I type in hawaiithreads. There you are!
                      I believe HawaiiThreads is a success story. Somehow there is an endless link between you and I. So many of you(s)! The link is very warm. You are treating me like a family.
                      Thanks to you all. I am changing my mind. I am going back to the city council meetings. I am going to wave in front of the City Hall & State Capitol to say "Mahalo". I am going back to Olelo to make some programs.
                      I am no longer a cold dead fish. I am a warm alive Lillian Hong.
                      Thank you for being so kind to me.
                      Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Originally posted by kamlost
                        *Hug* for Lillian

Yes.. now that's admirable. Going on with life and taking it as it comes.
                        I usually hug people in real life. This is the 1st time I was hugged on e-mail.
                        May I give you a hug back?
                        Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                          Look on the bright side...you realized you got over 1000 friends! How many people can say THAT! I sure can't
                          It was very nice of you try to cheer me up. I do appreciate very much and am very grateful of all these 1095 people. I am sure also there were some more that believed in me, and watched my programs but could not vote.
                          Yes, Mr. Craig Watanabe, for real, not that many people have over 1000 friends. I got 1095 friends! HeeHee!
                          Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

Just an update:
                            I was setting up to-day at NBC for the Seniors' Fair for the weekend. This is my trade. Dr. Bainum has a booth, so does Mufi. I know Bainum's volunteers are going to give out little free gifts. His booth is just across mine but in the next lane. I asked the management about Mufi. Tracy told me his is in booth #4, far away from me. I will try go and see him to-morrow. Is any one going to the Seniors' Fair? Please drop by and see me, OK? Booth #114.
                            Love, Lillian Hong

Comment

hehe sure you can Lillian.

Comment

Working...
                              X