Fall 2004 TV Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall 2004 TV Season

Any comments about the Fall 2004 TV season, be it new or returning shows?

Re: Fall 2004 TV Season

You know, living in TiVo land, the threshold that heralds the arrival of a new TV season is pretty fuzzy. And with networks moving toward a more staggered rollout (Fox leading the way with new shows debuting two months ago), it's even harder to get a handle on what's on the menu.

Here's a Google News search for "fall TV season preview." It gets you to a few overall rundowns of what to watch (or not).

And I presume you're asking about the non-island network shows, beyond "Hawaii" on NBC, "North Shore" on Fox, and "Lost" on ABC.

Um, in short? I dunno. Any professional couch potatoes care to weigh in?

Comment

A great majority of new shows rolled out for the fall season will not be on the schedule next year. Usually only a handful of new shows survive into another season. Overall viewership of network TV has been going downhill as people have alternatives on cable, DVD, games, internet and yes, even time shifted stuff on Tivo and other devices.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

In addition to the big premier of "Lost" on ABC, tonight brings us the debut of CSI:NY with Gary Sinese and the fifteenth seasion of Law & Order, where Dennis Farina joins the cast.

I think I'm going to skip "Wife Swap."

Comment

TV? what is that? LOL...oh yeah, I watch the news and weather on it, and those cute little DVDs, and even old VHS tapes.

My tv of choice is a computer monitor. This thing talks back to me when I talk to it, does mail, real time chat, I shop and things really arrive at the front door with it, I get news and sometimes news before it becomes news, I don't need to ever buy another recipe book, and though I luv the feel of books, especially old ones, I admit that I don't go to any library as often as I used to.

We almost keep a tv on in this house all of the time, even when gone so it sounds lived in, and we often keep it on those house and garden channels, the discovery channel I think it is, that has the show of the guys that make custom motorcycles, uh bikes, right? Dig the extreme shows and things where new stuff really gets built, etc. Movies on demand is nice, but for a new tv season, well my family like Friends for laughs and they did watch a Joey show, we like WB tv for the redneck show "Blue Collar TV" and comedy wherever it can be found is great, laughter truly good medicine.

I swear I couldn't believe when I went through the room days ago and a tv commercial for "Wife Swapping" came on!!! Is this glamorized adultery plus....or something a bit more muted, or what? WHO is sponsoring it?! Good grief.....

Just label me the prude, the old fogey at 47 and anything you wish, I just cannot believe what tv and society has degenerated to in my lifetime, hell since I graduated HS in '75 even! This said by a gal that sowed my oats and all that crap, I partied, did drugs, promiscuity etc....and this world keeps me shaking my head in disgust.

Oh, this thread was about tv, sorry for the soapbox, er....sorta. (G) Thanks for not deleting me and chewing me out. LOL...oh, and thanks for reading this far.
          Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

There are times when I am forgetting to watch TV. I missed NCIS on Tuesday, JAG on Friday and Lost on Saturday.

Comment

I'm glad Alton Brown made some new episodes of "Good Eats" this past summer, and I hope he continues through the fall. He needs to shave those unfortunate sideburns though -- that's so 1995.

I'm taping "Jack & Bobby" while I watch "L&O: CI". I like it so far, and while I agree with the consensus that Matt Long is the pretty, I am actually more intrigued by the flash-fowards in the show. How does such a dorky kid become president?

Comment

West Wing starts in two weeks.
                Last edited by helen; October 6, 2004, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Forgot to watch this past weeks episode of "LOST" an entertaining show much better than North Shore and Hawaii...but when West Wing starts it'll be on the top of my list!
                  Retired Senior Member

Comment

Working...
                  X