• Show
Clear All

• Office Football Pool

Does your office participate in this?

Week 1, 9-6
    Week 2, 9-7
    La'akea

Re: Office Football Pool

My office may or may not participate in such a practice, but sadly, I know about as much about football as I do about Scandanavian basketweaving (which is to say, pretty much nothing). At this point, I'm sure my record would be 0-12.

Do you pick the teams you want to win, or solely those teams you think will win? I mean, I know the whole point is to get the latter, but most folks can't help throwing in a sentimental favorite or two. If you do, who's your team?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Do you pick the teams you want to win, or solely those teams you think will win? I mean, I know the whole point is to get the latter, but most folks can't help throwing in a sentimental favorite or two. If you do, who's your team?
      The Dallas Cowboys is my team till the end. How do I pick em...well I usually pick the "sure" winners but that is not always the case i.e. week 2. There were quite a few teams that were the favorite but lost.

The rivalry at work is fun. It makes watching the games much more interesting. Will keep you up-dated throughout the weeks.
      La'akea

Comment

Where's a good place to play, either on your own or to manage an office pool? I think some of the guys I work with are actually paying for a "fantasy football" system (not the Yahoo! Sports one, ESPN, I think), but that's a bit more complicated, and I'm cheap.

I don't know football, but I sure as heck can pick teams for random and arbitrary reasons. And if parakeets and gerbils can win these things (as well as 'stock picking' contests that newspapers run!), who knows, right?

Oh! I see Yahoo! has a "Pro Football Pick'em" that seems to do what you're talking about.

What the hell. I created a HawaiiThreads group! We already missed three weeks, but there's a lot of teams left to pick. Anyone else want to play? I promise, you'll do better than I will!

Yahoo! Sports Pro Football Pick'em
        • Group: HawaiiThreads (Choose "Join a Private Group")
        • Group ID#: 49909
        • Group Password: plum3ri@
        • Spread: No
        • Tiebreakers: Yes
        • Drop Scores: No, use all weeks
        • Deadline: 5 minutes before the first game of each week
        Last edited by pzarquon; September 22, 2004, 06:41 AM. Reason: Found something at Yahoo!

Comment

I'm there...signing up right now
          La'akea

Comment

A pool that pays out real money?! Is that even legal, here in paradise? (G) I was informed that I cannot even have possession of a lottery ticket from another state IN this state and be found with it by any authority, so I'd guess that office pools that pay money are kept a little quiet here, although of course they exist, like bowlers that have pools, etc.

Originally posted by pzarquon
            Where's a good place to play, either on your own or to manage an office pool? I think some of the guys I work with are actually paying for a "fantasy football" system (not the Yahoo! Sports one, ESPN, I think), but that's a bit more complicated, and I'm cheap.

I don't know football, but I sure as heck can pick teams for random and arbitrary reasons. And if parakeets and gerbils can win these things (as well as 'stock picking' contests that newspapers run!), who knows, right?

Oh! I see Yahoo! has a "Pro Football Pick'em" that seems to do what you're talking about.

What the hell. I created a HawaiiThreads group! We already missed three weeks, but there's a lot of teams left to pick. Anyone else want to play? I promise, you'll do better than I will!

Yahoo! Sports Pro Football Pick'em
            • Group: HawaiiThreads (Choose "Join a Private Group")
            • Group ID#: 49909
            • Group Password: plum3ri@
            • Spread: No
            • Tiebreakers: Yes
            • Drop Scores: No, use all weeks
            • Deadline: 5 minutes before the first game of each week
            Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I'm done with my picks...also picked squres for Monday night
              La'akea

Comment

Hey! I'm in third place!

Out of three. Hmm.

Anyone else want to play? Still more than twelve weeks to go...

Comment

Working...
                X