Finals week next week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finals week next week!

It finally hit me. After 2 quarters doing finals at college, the pressure is gaining to me. My first 2 quarter classes were all easy (except for albegra, which I failed), but since I have 2 computer classes, I'm having a hard time to regulate all of the information.

How do you prepare for finals? (I know that everyone just started school, so just give me study advice).

The two classes are Intro to Unix (using Redhat Linux [which I have at home also]) and Core Operating System (for the A+ cert).
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Finals week next week!

Originally posted by adri1456
    It finally hit me. After 2 quarters doing finals at college, the pressure is gaining to me. My first 2 quarter classes were all easy (except for albegra, which I failed), but since I have 2 computer classes, I'm having a hard time to regulate all of the information.

How do you prepare for finals? (I know that everyone just started school, so just give me study advice).

The two classes are Intro to Unix (using Redhat Linux [which I have at home also]) and Core Operating System (for the A+ cert).
    Hi Adrian:
    I've been out of school for awhile now, but the one thing I learned in grad school when studying for finals is to go find a bunch of other people to study with. That way if you get stuck on something, someone else can help you out as you're studying (immediate feedback). I know geek stuff is usually a solitary kind of thing, but having at least someone else reviewing the stuff with you will make it a whole lot easier to get through.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Don't forget to buy a couple cases of Red Bull and Starbucks Doubleshot Expresso for those long nights...I'm glad I'm past that
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        Don't forget to buy a couple cases of Red Bull and Starbucks Doubleshot Expresso for those long nights...I'm glad I'm past that
        Red Bull? Starbucks Doubleshot Expresso? Ptui! Why, in my day, we didn't have any of these namby-pamby caffeinated candy drinks. All we had was coffee, boiled in a pot. We drank it black, and we liked it.

Comment

I'm 44 and back then it was either Pepsi or go to a coffee shop before coffee was trendy.

Comment

All of my classmates are scattered all over Oahu, but will IM work?

Probably we'll set up a camera network to see each other on the computers.

Comment

All of my classmates are scattered all over Oahu, but will IM work?

Probably we'll set up a camera network to see each other on the computers.
              Try it. It just might work. Back in the Dark Ages when I was still in school, we didn't have the internet yet. The programming I did was on a DEC Rainbow minicompter

You'll be a whole lot less stressed out if you have someone else to study with, even if it's only virtually.
              Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Eh Miulang...you baby yet! Back in my old days, we nevah have computa, come to tink of it...we nevah even have calculatah, use the papah and pencil way. Dat was our wordprocessah too! Ho man da stylus had one nifty delete function at da oddah end I tink dey wen call um da erasah.

Now Russ in his days probably wen have to burn one stick to make em carbon to write wit eh Russ? I know you wen spit on da fingah to rub out da mistake on da slate writing pad.

And Ho man da road to school...everytime I stay talk story about going to school da friggin road getting longer and more glass shards on top. Pretty soon dat road going be one pig trail wit barb wire all ova da place! Funny da house stay keiki time turning from one nice East Oahu digs to one refrigeratah box with pukas for windows...yeah us old futs had it tough back in da good old days. No mo shoes, no mo slippahs, just newspapah wrap em around da sore feet and go school in da grass hut with dirt floa and da centipede run up your pants and bite you in da ala's braddah...dat was some tough times!

Comment

Eh Miulang...you baby yet! Back in my old days, we nevah have computa, come to tink of it...we nevah even have calculatah, use the papah and pencil way. Dat was our wordprocessah too! Ho man da stylus had one nifty delete function at da oddah end I tink dey wen call um da erasah.
                  Eh Craig! Wat you talking about? I not one keiki. I really makule (and some days moa worse den oddas). I just like think I one spring chicken, anden. Heh. You talk about no moa calculatah, eh I remember dose days too, bruddah! In fac, in high school I remembah having foa use one slide rule (people Adrian's age not going even know what one slide rule was!). Heehee, I neva wen learn how foa use dat buggah to do actual calculations anden. I wen go use the part dat go slide out as one rulah! (I wen go learn modern math: you know, 2+2 not always stay equal zero, yeah?

Miulang

Comment

Slide rule! Eh sistah I wen invent dat buggah, back den we wen use modified rocks put em on sticks and wen call em one abacus, one rock group wen take dat name and call demselves ABBA.

No wait even worse!! We nevah evolve yet to ten fingahs yet we still had flippahs so we waz using Base 2 because das all we had!

Comment

LOL

But right now, I hit a snag in my learning, because my younger brother put a trojan virus on his computer, and I'm trying to remove it.

I have a strong urge to reformat the whole thing, but that's at the last minute, when I can't do it myself.

Comment

Dat sucks dem big horsies trampling around your hard drive la dat. When my computer got sick I had to reinstall everything including the antivirus software that was SUPPOSED to stop it.

Pays to have a back up computer. I have two laptops and one desktop because out here in Kea'au you need reliable back up computers in the event one goes down. Out here your college course work is all online and you cannot miss anything when you're logged onto WebCT.

Comment

Dat sucks dem big horsies trampling around your hard drive la dat. When my computer got sick I had to reinstall everything including the antivirus software that was SUPPOSED to stop it.

Pays to have a back up computer. I have two laptops and one desktop because out here in Kea'au you need reliable back up computers in the event one goes down. Out here your college course work is all online and you cannot miss anything when you're logged onto WebCT.
                          Our family has 2 computers (one for them, and a fast one all to me) along with one downstairs for my uncle.

I can just wipe out everything and start new, but I don't want to piss my brother off because he doesn't have any music to listen to.

Comment

It's your Duty as a sister to piss off your brother! I'll bet the downloaded music is how you got your trojan virus in the first place. It's his fault so don't feel so obliged to honor his feelings (Gee I'm mean aren't I?)

Next time get an external hard drive and put all your document/music files on that, so next time your computer hiccups and croaks, at least your data is saved on an external drive.

Comment

Our family has 2 computers (one for them, and a fast one all to me) along with one downstairs for my uncle.

I can just wipe out everything and start new, but I don't want to piss my brother off because he doesn't have any music to listen to.
                              Aw gee, ask your brother if he would rather have you fix his computer because of something stupid he did after your finals, or he can go pay somebody to fix it for him, which will take even longer (and the end result will be exactly the same--reformat/reload)! Um, whatever happened to listening to a radio? Or an MP3 player? Geez...kids nowadays. They don't know what it means not to have everything and making do.

Eh, you have your finals to study for. That should be your top priority now, Bruddah.

Miulang

Comment

Working...
                              X