No announcement yet.

New Topic (finally) Outdoor lighting!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Topic (finally) Outdoor lighting!!!

Just had to change the topic on wood laminate flooring.

I live basically on rock so I have to use solar lighting because burying low-voltage cable can be a bit hard.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: New Topic (finally) Outdoor lighting!!!

My stepmom picked up the set of five solar-powered walkway lanterns I've seen at Costco, and set 'em up herself. She wasn't particularly impressed with the strength of the light (the bulbs were tiny, though of course with a tiny solar panel they can't exactly blind anyone), but as far as marking a dark path, they were more than sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      My stepmom picked up the set of five solar-powered walkway lanterns I've seen at Costco, and set 'em up herself. She wasn't particularly impressed with the strength of the light (the bulbs were tiny, though of course with a tiny solar panel they can't exactly blind anyone), but as far as marking a dark path, they were more than sufficient.
      Hmm. I wonder if that's what my neighbor across the street just acquired. He's got three or four new fixtures on one side of his driveway and one on the other (which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, considering the side with only one is a bunch of rocks embedded into cement, thus a larger hazard than the lawn he's ostensibly protecting with the others).

The really odd thing is that there are two street lamps within fifty feet, shedding more than enough light, I've always thought.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Maybe those street lights are keeping those batteries charged up in those solar lights? I take it they never come on because of those street lights beaming onto the photo cells all night long.

I mounted two copper solar lanterns on my stone wall entrance posts on each side of my driveway because where I live there are no streetlights and basically no light at all on this dark road (better to see the nightmarchers!)

I had to put them up because one night some idiot driving too fast almost took out my stonewall (straightaway) and it's 9-feet in from the roadway!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

There are some good articles on this subject on the aroundhawaii.com site.

http://www.aroundhawaii.com/leisure/...vllighting.htm

I guess it's sort of a plug for the site. I was just looking around when I found the article. It's funny cause I have these kinds of lights and some of the problems he talked about. I have to redo them. I think Matt's articles are some of the better ones on the site.
          just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Working...
          X