Pictures in sigs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures in sigs?

I know that at some forums across the internet, they won't let you have any images in their sigs, and this place is one of them.

Since this place is fairly new, I understand why we can't have images in our sigs yet, but are we gonna have that ability soon?

I want to see what Hawaii people can do to make themselves known on this message board via images that is posted at the end of each post.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Pictures in sigs?

Isn't the avatar good enough for this purpose? Granted it might useful to have a bigger size avatar but that's up the vBulletin people to increase it.

Comment

Users can post pictures on their Profile pages. A few of them have done so. I don't think having pictures in sig lines is a good idea since it will slow the loading of every message that has a picture in the sig in it. Can be real bad for people on dial-up who have to already put up with extraordinarily large photos within the posts themselves.

I think the avatars are a good pictorial representation of the user. Furthermore anyone can custom make a 70 x 70 pixel photo of themselves and use it as their avatar.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel
        Users can post pictures on their Profile pages. A few of them have done so. I don't think having pictures in sig lines is a good idea since it will slow the loading of every message that has a picture in the sig in it. Can be real bad for people on dial-up who have to already put up with extraordinarily large photos within the posts themselves.

I think the avatars are a good pictorial representation of the user. Furthermore anyone can custom make a 70 x 70 pixel photo of themselves and use it as their avatar.
        Cool. I'll see what "artwork" I'll post up in my profile.

And I can't work in 70x70 sizes because their too small for the graphics I'm using.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
        X