Send us your opala...and money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send us your opala...and money!

K'den. Dis morning's Star Bulletin wen go say dat da Honolulu City Council is seriously considering barging your opala to the mainland. Das OK, because we get plenty land in da middo of Washington State. We kinda in one economic slump, too, so send plenty kala along wit your opala, OK?

If da Council allows dis to happen, all dey doing is postponing da inevitable: you guys gotta start on a serious recycling program dat's mandatory befoa you no going have room to build any moa houses and condos! Moa betta da City go subsidize recycling (free pickup, etc) den spend da money foa ship da opala up here.

On da odda hand, maybe 300 years from now, some future anthropologist or archeologist going be digging around in Klickitat County, WA and he going come across some artifact from Honolulu and come up wit some half baked theory about how da "ancient" Hawai'ians wen go settle in WA state somehow...

Story here: http://starbulletin.com/2004/10/02/news/index12.html

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; October 2, 2004, 08:13 AM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Send us your opala...and money!

Nah you watch, da barge going suddenly sink in da middle of da Pacific. What a deal, lose da opala and get insurance money too!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      Nah you watch, da barge going suddenly sink in da middle of da Pacific. What a deal, lose da opala and get insurance money too!
      Anden going be all hangamajang in da ocean. Going get chree-eyed aku lidat. Da poke made from dat kine aku going glow in da dark, too. Good foa Halloween, though. Already da cruise ships going between da islands in beeeeg trouble foa dumping sewage in da channels. Where dat stuff going finally end up, anyway? China????

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

nah we go stick em in one rocket and launch em at Osama! My 9-month old baby's diapers mo stink dan dakine chemical warfare!

Comment

nah we go stick em in one rocket and launch em at Osama! My 9-month old baby's diapers mo stink dan dakine chemical warfare!
          So wat you feed da poor keiki, anden? kimchi ? Dey say dakine smell moa betta if you no eat meat lidat (at least dat's wat da vegetarians claim).

Miulang

Comment

das right, wen I stay feed em da gerber turkey and rice baby food ho boy da hauna's his doo doo. But wen stay sweet potato, not bad, still pilau but not as nasty as dakine meat baby food.

Today I stay wireless at Onekahakaha Beach park in Hilo watching my kids swim in da breakwata. Nice day today lots of sun and good kine tunes from da braddahs behind us. I stay on my laptop using my verizon cell phone on their express connect digital network. Right now stay unlimited free weekends so no moa airtime (dis package uses airtime instead of data so I no pay for internet use all day!)

Comment

Today I stay wireless at Onekahakaha Beach park in Hilo watching my kids swim in da breakwata. Nice day today lots of sun and good kine tunes from da braddahs behind us. I stay on my laptop using my verizon cell phone on their express connect digital network. Right now stay unlimited free weekends so no moa airtime (dis package uses airtime instead of data so I no pay for internet use all day!)
              Eh, I thought you retired anden! What you doing playing wit one laptop at da beach??? Hope you neva get sand insai.

Reminds me of a couple of times I was on da golf course when I was supposed to be working (we were playing in a department-sanctioned tourney, so if I was going get in trouble, my boss was going get in trouble too) and I got paged. Ho, foa try foa cover up da sound of da wind and da birds from da customer on da odda end of da cell phone was hard!

Miulang

Comment

Eh Muilang...you baby!!! Hah?! Nah jus kidding! Da laptop I stay use wen I like do moa den jus stay at home. Actually I get two laptops one Toshiba Portege and my full size Compaq Presario laptop. Both can hook up wirelessly.

Eh my friend (one HPD cop) and I was at a friends house for his daughter's graduation party. Dat night he wen drink too much and wen call in telling da dispatcher he was sick to come in at 11pm. My friend wen use my Verizon digital cell phone wen digital was still new. Da dispatcher asked him? "Wassup wit da music in da background" My boy and his band was jammin in the garage at da party. He said, "I dunno" and hung up. I told him, "Braddah dis dakine digital...you know crystal clear, next time go walk up da street couple house up so no can hea da music from da party" and den I wen go slap his head, ho da lolo. But betta he no go in to work dat night, no look good eh one drunk cop on duty!

Comment

ok, so the newspepah tell us we gotta reuse packaging and recycle.

Got the other side to this kids;

Stop buying overly packaged groceries.

Here's a clue to tellya if and when yer near one o these abominations next time yer out in that jungle of consumerism and advertising bombardment. ; they usually have a goofy awkward stupid name dreamed up by an overly paid ad exec. (another indication the manufacturing company has a few cards less than a deck)

you know the trademarks/product's names.. ones that turn a noun into a verb;
                  Lunchables
                  snackables.
                  trashables. pukeables. flushable. throwupables. chokeables. hackables spittables
                  whatevas.
                  an den da buggahs all packed up in three layers of plastic.
                  and stay away from those stupid hourglass shape thermos kine plastic bottles that hold what?! about 16 individual cheetos! or 13 chips.
                  how is it we have degressed so much and have allowed marketing to brainwash ourselves to the extent there is no hue and cry when these things hit the public?!
                  Beware of ugh... "branding"

aaaahhh!
                  poison! dirty words!
                  Insult to the intelligence!

Comment

lol.. funniest topic!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X