Getting busy for 3 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting busy for 3 weeks

I have 3 weeks to burn on my school's vacation time.

I was wondering where to go via TheBus?

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'll try and go to the swamp meets at Aloha stadium and Kam Drive in, and probably I can find a good deal on some old computer parts. But where to go after those days?

I just want to go walking somewhere and try to lose some weight, and if possible, it has to be free (college student=no money).

Any tips appreciated!
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Getting busy for 3 weeks

Originally posted by adri1456
    I have 3 weeks to burn on my school's vacation time.

I was wondering where to go via TheBus?

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I'll try and go to the swamp meets at Aloha stadium and Kam Drive in, and probably I can find a good deal on some old computer parts. But where to go after those days?

I just want to go walking somewhere and try to lose some weight, and if possible, it has to be free (college student=no money).

Any tips appreciated!
    You could go downtown and watch people down at Waikiki Beach. That's always fun because you see all kinds down there! Then you could come home and write stories about those people. So I take it you passed your classes then???

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      You could go downtown and watch people down at Waikiki Beach. That's always fun because you see all kinds down there! Then you could come home and write stories about those people. So I take it you passed your classes then???

Miulang
      Yep. Those last minute craming and the late nights did the trick, but now I can't get enough of those canned juice they sell at Sam's Club (the ones that you mix yourself). I'm always drinking that, and that keeps me awake.

I'll do that if I have some time after I walk around the swamp meets tomorrow. But having a camera would be even better to post as my "adventures downtown".
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Could always see the sunset from Ala Moana Beach Park or check out the night herons at the park.

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
          Go take a hike. No, seriously, go hiking. O'ahu has plenty of great hiking trails. It's free, it's fun, and you'll burn a lot of calories. Many trailheads are accessible by TheBus, since they often start at the tops of ridge neighborhoods or the heads of valleys.

Comment

You could hike to Diamond Head, it might cost a few bucks but way cheaper than a movie.

Comment

No, don't do Diamond Head. It's too hot, too crowded, and too touristy. Go up into the mountains. If you're not in great shape, try the Aiea Loop Trail or one of the Honolulu Mauka trails on Tantalus, they're pretty easy. Or the Waimano Trail at the top of Pearl City, that one's nice too.

Comment

Well, adri1456,

after walking around, you could relax & kick back &

try to catch one of those movie on the beach. That's free.

Plus, it's cooler in the evenings, anyway.

Good Luck.

Aloha.
                Aches & Pains
                (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
                  No, don't do Diamond Head. It's too hot,.
                  Can always go in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X