Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• street mess

I'm all for keeping our streets in good shape but what am I missing here:
    last nite on our block at 2 am (Wednesday morn) , there was a helluva lotta noise; dogs barking at a few guys yelling at each other and metal and wood banging clanging sounds. then as if that weren't enuff, they topped it off for our listening pleasure, with an obnoxious backup beeping truck sound.

Out on the stret at 10 am, I see all these "A" frame signs warning that you cant park on our block wed thru fri, 6 am to 6 pm!

What da hell kinda undiplomatic warning and notice is THAT!?

and ta add insult to injury, alllll day today NOTHING happened on the street. They prevented us from parking on our block for one whole day for NUTHIN!

and not so coincidentally, today's kokualine starbull, someone complains about something similar; a stop sign installed at 1;15 am!
    and the response is pathetically insipidally impotent:
    state Department of Transportation crew spokes mun; Scott Ishikawa:"We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we will speak to the crew about where they can and cannot work at nighT"

don' they have parameters NOW!?

don't they have ANY guidelines NOW?
    schedules that signify some modicum of consideration?!
    what da hell will 'speaking to them' do!?

IF.. they do this work at such an ungodly hour now.... what kinda mentality will absorb any "speaking to"?!

or are they going the route of most all state agencies and employees such as the one "oaf fishull" who responded to the comment on the hotline, of the plethora of potholes on Pali hiway:
    "just go around them. That's what I do."

in frikken credible.
    Last edited by kimo55; October 6, 2004, 04:55 PM.

Re: street mess

So what was all the noise on Tuesday night-Wednesday morning? Setup?

I feel your pain. Periodically our nice, quiet, not-on-the-road-to-anywhere suburban street has some clown parking an 18-wheeler on the hill outside my window, with the requisite reverse beeps.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
      So what was all the noise on Tuesday night-Wednesday morning? Setup?

what difference does it make?! It was noise.
      Noise that is unwanted and un needed at that time. and totally unjustified.
      based on BAAAAD planning. NOOO management. INNN-consideration.
      No matter the reason.
      that's my point.

Comment

My sarcasm didn't show up in the typing. I was trying to figure out why the warnings said AM-PM but then they started in the middle of the night.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
        X