Hawaii's Own William Hung

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii's Own William Hung

Did anyone else see the May Day edition of the Channel 2 news? They featured a cute little 4-year-old boy named Landon Kushimi who performed the William Hung version of "She Bangs" at his preschool May Day program, complete with gestures that made good ol' Willy famous.

"I had no professional training," he said before starting. After a stellar performance, he ends with a triumphant, "NO REGRETS!"

This morning, he was featured on the Channel 2 Morning News and Kirk Matthews had the pleasure of interviewing the adorable Landon.

I'm sure the footage from that performance will be replayed many times at Kushimi family reunions -- and will undoutedly make a comeback at Landon's wedding reception in about twenty or so years.

He bangs!

Re: Hawaii's Own William Hung

I saw that! His voice is still stuck in my head, I think. Cute, in that slightly scary sort of way. The "kids juxtaposed with adult material" works only some of the time, you know? Then again, I have to admit, I was tickled to discover that my daughter had taught herself a few lines from the J. Geils Band's "Angel is a Centerfold."

The "wedding reception" comment is right on. We have all sorts of embarassing photos of our kids that we call the "prom night album" collection.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      I was tickled to discover that my daughter had taught herself a few lines from the J. Geils Band's "Angel is a Centerfold."
      Err...the lyric is "angel in the centerfold," and the title is just "Centerfold."

Sorry. Rock and roll is my religion, and you have blasphemed.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        Sorry. Rock and roll is my religion, and you have blasphemed.
        Forgive me, Chuck Berry, for I have sinned:

Sometimes religious people make mistakes in their stone-casting. "Centerfold" came on the radio the other night and rather than sing along, I listened very closely, and there are definitely times when Peter Wolf sings "angel IS the centerfold." The other times, it sounds like "in," but it could be "is." In fact, in context, "is" makes a lot more sense. It's definitely NOT (ever) "angel is A centerfold," though, so while I am clearly wrong here, I'm not TOTALLY wrong!

I shall go do penance now, and listen to something cool on my iPod.

...or would the appropriate penance be to listen to something bad?
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I have yet to see Landon belt out SHE BANG SHE BAG!

As long az he no sing "I Believe I can Fly" cuz Willy recorded that on da album.
          I heard it and I wanted to cry

Comment

Dear God! And I always thought it was "Angel is the Centerfold". Hehe, I absolutely love when lyrics are fuzzy and intelligible and you don't know what they're supposed to be. There is a song Seal sings that I swear he says "Won't you tell me it's a heffer, baby"
            Last edited by ebrandon; January 25, 2007, 09:05 AM. Reason: misspell :)
            [SIGPIC]

Comment

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/jgeilsband.htm

According to that, definitely "Angel is the centerfold". But then again, sometimes these lyrics websites aren't right either *g*

Comment

Working...
              X