Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camera phones

What do you think of them?

I'm settling a deal with a guy from NY about getting a Nokia 3600 (it can snap pictures, record video, and a lot more goodies).

This will be the first time I'm having a convenient camera phone (I carried around a hi8 video camera, but I looked like a tourist, taking video of a bus ride) and I just want to know what you guys think about camera phones.

I'll only use it to take pics of "important" things (someone who ran a red light, pets, family members (to use as picture IDs), friends, school (where allowed), etc.
    Last edited by adrian; October 10, 2004, 07:35 PM.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Camera phones

the resolution isn't the greatest, also you can expect the lens to get dusty and have fuzzy pictures.

get a camera phone that has a flash.
    Fair and Balanced

Comment

Originally posted by easTTriver
      the resolution isn't the greatest, also you can expect the lens to get dusty and have fuzzy pictures.

get a camera phone that has a flash.
      Do you have that camera (the Nokia 3600)?
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

At this point, I'd hold off until the U.S. catches up with Asia and sees more camera phones with megapixel resolution or better. While the Nokia 3600's multimedia features are neat, VGA quality isn't anything to write home about. My Samsung camera phone does VGA, and while I can't stop playing with it, I sure wish the pictures were clearer.

Right now Sprint has the MM-A700, but it got low marks. There's also the Audiovox PM-8920 (here's someone's image gallery). The upcoming Treo 650 - to be unveiled later this month! - will have a 1.3MP camera, and that's what I'm considering for my next upgrade (since I currently carry both a Palm OS PDA and a cell phone).

Comment

Working...
        X