• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is yer mind on drugs. This is Polititians on Traffic

traffic

Mufi and Duke discuss traffic in da pepah;
    Mufi sez:
    Traffic; its the no 1 complaint... the problem is obvious; tooo many cars on the road.
    da hell does this mean?
    Why doesn't he say:
    the CAUSE and remedy is obvious:
    Overpopulation of a small city.
    TOO many 35 story condo buildings being erected in a small area.
    here's the problem which is obvious to, well, obviously too few people;

Polititians, journalists, all, when they discuss this subject:
    resemble a deaf dumb blind person in a drunken stupor : with a blindfold on. wobbling around, grasping at straws.

EVERYone sez;
    well we gotta add more lanes,
    or we gotta do lite rail.
    or Bus rapid transit system should be overhauled.
    (now THERE is an absurdity if I ever heard one:
    "bus RAPID transit."
    I can get from point a to point b faster on a skateboard than on the bus. NOTHING rapid about it.)

anyway,
    point is; NO one wants to address the apparently obvious and equally unnappealing subject of the CAUSE of traffic or as Mufi calls it. duh.
    "the obvious problem; too many cars"

(Duke is out to pasture as equally; he sez lite rail and redirect traffic. another shortsighted duh.)
    what IS the solution?

Moratorium on building.
    They say "Oahu is growing"
    No, Oahu IS NOT growing. Oahu can NOT grow. It is a finite land mass. and we are killing our quality of life by allowing this fragile land of ours to become overbuilt . THIS results in too many cars. THAT is of course obviously the problem but for some damn reason, polititians and journalists, I dunno; prefer to talk down to the masses with meaningless sound bites or choose to NOT bring up the subject of destroying each and every one and two story building and erecting another tower or big shopping mausoleum on each and every empty lot. This redevelopmentality results in commonly accepted poisonous colloquialisms such as "underused land". "Mitigate the traffic problem". and other such idiot terms.
    We are slowly resembling Wilshire blvd along ala moana. Hawaii Kai was a charming town but now resembles a conjested suburb of L.A. With too much traffic. Zero lot lines. NO setbacks. Matchbox rat-trap houses built right up to the road. So walking along the public sidewalk, you can unfortunately witness visually and audibly the bathroom and bedroom activity of strangers.

Why are we doing all this?!
    Why do we not see the obvious damage to our coral reef system? The overtaxing of our very limited water supply? Our landfills? the trash problem? Our decrepit third world country road conditions? We have created an ugly monster and one of the many side effects is; emergency vehicles can NOT get thru our hiways and byways. I DO hope it is the loved one of a developer who helps to overpopulate our overcrowded Honolulu, that ends up in the next ambulance trying in vain to get to a hospital.
    We build lite rail, or add more lanes or put any kind of small band aid on this severed limb... it is just that. Too little, too late, shortsighted remedy that does NOT address the cause.

Why this universal fully accepted myopia?!
    Inquiring minds wanna know.
    Last edited by kimo55; October 11, 2004, 10:50 AM.

Re: This is yer mind on drugs. This is Polititians on Traffic

Originally posted by kimo55
    Why this universal fully accepted myopia?!
    Inquiring minds wanna know.
    Eh, Kimo: I dunno wat going take foa da peeps on Oahu to finally see da light. Us guys up here "get it" and we're sad that Hawai'i continues down the merry wannabe road to oblivion. Da ostriches in your city government obviously too busy wit da hand out looking for da developer and big businesses to fund their campaign coffers (saw the other day that both candidates kinda low on kala right now, yeah? )

Anyway, to the peeps in Hawaii who like da convenience of what us guys on da mainland get, I get one solution: move up heah, den. Den maybe afta you up here you going realize what is being thrown away in Hawai'i. If everybody gotta live like sardines on one small island, you tink da aloha spirit going last forever? Inotinkso.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Whoa Kimo...chill baby! wow my mind wen pop one fuse afta reading your post! Das why you gotta come Big Island and sloooowwwww down braddah, slooowwww down.

Okay...come my house I get plenty beer for soothe da nerves. Yeah das why I left Honolulu, too much dakine going on ova dea. Yestaday I went Kaiser clinic and went up my first elevator since coming over hea! Yeah no need for build upwards, get plenty of space for build outwards.

Wen you like chill out come my house and we go talk story yeah!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        Whoa Kimo...chill baby! wow my mind wen pop one fuse afta reading your post! Das why you gotta come Big Island and sloooowwwww down braddah, slooowwww down.

arrite! One fuse down, 800,000 to go!

yea, I luv Hawaii; miss Hilo and Kona.
        fave places fo da kine.

Comment

Ho man had to go Kea'au Ace for dat fuse, you know dakine old people no moa circuit breaka eh?

Dis one easy way to alleviate traffic on da roads, ban gasoline. It's a poison and sniffed enough it's a drug too! So if you stay transporting gas in your car, den you one drug trafficker and your car going be impounded forever!!!!!

Dat would make Cheveron and Tesoro drug dealers too!

Das how!
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
          X