If you want customer service, press 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want customer service, press 6

I dunno how many of you buy telecommunications services from AT&T, but don't expect to feel very warm and fuzzy if you ever need help. AT&T has announced that they are laying off 12,000 employees, but service should not be degraded because more of the things you need to do with AT&T will be automated! I guess that's how AT&T thinks it can dodge the "outsourcing jobs to another country" badge...they'll just add the 12,000 people to the nation's unemplyment rolls instead!

Miulang

More here: http://www.informationweek.com/story...cleID=49900523
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: If you want customer service, press 6

Your post reminds me of the Citibank (?) commercial where the woman is at a cash register with a simple question, but is forced to interact with the cashier as if she's an automated customer service system. "For product information, press one! For returns, press two!" The customer has to say "beep!" or "boop!" to get a response.

Of course, eventually the "system" gets confused, and the cashier starts speaking Spanish. "¡Para el inglés, prensa una!"

The only thing worse than automated customer service systems are the ones that think they can understand spoken commands. They. Can't. And I hate 'em. "Please tell us what you would like to do!"

"Cancel account."

"Did you say, 'Sign up for long distance service'? If yes, say 'yes.' If no, s..."

"No!"

"Did you say, 'Piano'? If yes..."

Grr.

Comment

Re: If you want customer service, press 6

yeah voicemail is the scurge of the 21st century! Even outsourced customer service from India can get a bit frustrating. Try talk back to them in really bad Pidgin and have fun.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
      X