And what about Sudan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And what about Sudan?

Being an equal opportunity critic, let me point out an interview that John Kerry gave to the Black Entertainment Television network last week, in which he said if he was President, he wouldn't commit any troops to help stop the genocide in Sudan as long as we need troops in Iraq and Afghanistan?
    Um, does that imply that if we were not in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Kerry was our president, that our troops would be in Sudan instead???? What are "logistical resources" and how much money would we send?
    Oh, the travails of trying to be savior to the whole world! From what I understand, the genocide, as horrible as it is, is a civil war---Arabs against Arabs. We haven't been involved in a civil war since, well, the CIVIL WAR!

Miulang

Here ya go: http://www.sudan.net/news/posted/10021.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: And what about Sudan?

"We haven't been involved in a civil war since, well, the CIVIL WAR!"

Errrr ... Vietnam?

Comment

Re: And what about Sudan?

Originally posted by Albert
      "We haven't been involved in a civil war since, well, the CIVIL WAR!"

Errrr ... Vietnam?
      Yeah, after I wrote what I did, I realized there was 'nam, but I was too damned lazy to correct myself. But unlike Mr. Bush, I am admitting the error and thanking you for correcting it!

Miulang
      Last edited by Miulang; October 12, 2004, 11:24 AM.
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
      X