Any neighbors own large vehicles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any neighbors own large vehicles?

When I mean large, I mean Ford Excursions, Chevy Surburbans, Caddy Escalades, and Hummer H2s.

A neighbor up the street from me just got a Hummer H2. It looked like he just bought it, but since he has a roofing company (his business is at his house) I don't see it as a working vehicle, only a people mover for the family.

Another neighbot owns a lifted truck (the ones that looks like it can crush cars) but it has stock wheels, so the wheels are small, but the suspension is up in the sky.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Any neighbors own large vehicles?

There's an huge Ford Excursion next door to us in Mililani. They had to remove part of their garage for it to fit inside. And it no longer qualifies as a "two-car" space.

Comment

Which raises a pet peeve of mine: those guys who park their double-wide vehicles across two parking stalls.

Comment

just wait till they try to drive it in some of Hawaii's parking structures! When we bought a VW Synchrovan (all-wheel drive vanagon) at 6'6" tall there was only a couple of parking garages in Waikiki where we could park otherwise it's street parking. When that engine went (second time), roof-clearance was a sellng point in our next minivan.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Why do people have those vehicles anyway?
          How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

to compensate for something small down dea.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              Good one! I was going say "because they can." but your answer mo betta!

Miulang
              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

By the way I don't drive a SUV, just a sports coupe called a BMW 635Csi that exudes masculinity cuz you gotta have da balls to ride that beast over 160-mph!

Okay my wife drives my BMW to work so I can pick up the kids from school in her Minivan. But on da weekends!!! Testosterone rules again!!!!!

Comment

I notice that a lot of petite women drive those monsters too. I guess they like feeling big and tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                    I notice that a lot of petite women drive those monsters too. I guess they like feeling big and tall.
                    The funniest (and scariest) sights are of these huuuuuuge cars/vans with only the tippy tops of the drivers' heads visible. In Palm Springs, where there are a lot of retired people, they call people like this "Q-tips".

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

Like dat wahine (Sharon Stone) told Magnum, "Big body, small brain!"
                      Lovena

Comment

i've always driven an SUV... but da small kine. my first car was a jeep cj-5... now i drive a suzuki sidekick. crazy in da parking lots... sometimes, i no can see my car behind all da big things people driving nowadays!

Comment

Working...
                        X