Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L&L Opening in NYC Nov. 1!!! No shibai...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L&L Opening in NYC Nov. 1!!! No shibai...

According to their website(hawaiianbarbecue.com), L&L is opening not one but *two* locations in Manhattan next month. Now I know L&L isn't always the best, but for an area completely devoid of local grinds this is the best news ever!!!

Now if there were a local bakery along the lines of Liliha or Leonard's, that would be even better...

Re: L&L Opening in NYC Nov. 1!!! No shibai...

Now that's pretty cool. Of their locations nationwide, this is definitely the furthest east they've pushed. I wish 'em luck! New York residents, I imagine, are more culinarily curious and adventurous than those of many other cities, so I really hope they succeed there.

"Chicken katsu, the new lunch rage sweeping the nation!"

Comment

Eh, in NYC we get Tibetan, Burmese, Ethiopian, the only thing missing is Plate Lunch!

You can actually get Chicken Katsu at Japanese places here(even chicken katsu curry) but somehow it doesn't taste the same, especially when nomo' mac salad...

And there is one cheap(but 'ono) Japanese restaurant on Austin St. in Forest Hills, Queens that serves spam musubi.

What I'm looking forward to is Laulau. Mmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Now that's pretty cool. Of their locations nationwide, this is definitely the furthest east they've pushed. I wish 'em luck! New York residents, I imagine, are more culinarily curious and adventurous than those of many other cities, so I really hope they succeed there.

"Chicken katsu, the new lunch rage sweeping the nation!"
        Dat's excellent! Next time I gotta drive cross country (a possibility), I can chart my course on the GPS by locating all the L&Ls all the way from Seattle to NYC! Eh, if people can go make pilgrimmages to all the baseball stadiums around the US, why can't I go on an L&L pilgrimmage?

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I wonder if the L&L guys have ever considered opening in the American South? I think chicken katsu would sell really well over there, considering the love of fried chicken that Southerners have...

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
            I wonder if the L&L guys have ever considered opening in the American South? I think chicken katsu would sell really well over there, considering the love of fried chicken that Southerners have...
            Yeah, I think if somebody was really akamai, they would put up a couple of stores in the Atlanta area. There are a lot of transplants in that metro area.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X