Lingle to go to Bush's cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lingle to go to Bush's cabinet?

You know what? Reading this article about your governor makes my stomach turn. Instead of being at home working on your local issues, she's off schmoozing with the Bushies (granted, she's not using state funds to travel, but is she also using vacation time too?), first at the RNC and in the audience of the debates and now on the road with the Prez.

Anyway, my prediction is that if Dubya is re-elected, Linda will be moving into his cabinet because most of the people in his current cabinet are disgusted with his leadership. It wouldn't suprise me in the least bit that if she's not appointed to some cabinet office, she will be appointed Ambassador someplace. And if Bush loses, next time around, she will run for a Senate or Congressional seat.

Miulang

http://starbulletin.com/2004/10/14/news/index2.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Lingle to go to Bush's cabinet?

Ha! One more good reason to see he's not re-elected!

I don't see a cabinet job, though. What are her qualifications for any of those jobs? (Which is not to say that some of the current cabinet members have great qualifications, but still...) Two years of governor of a small state in the Pacific and what? Mayor of Maui? (Was she mayor over there? I don't remember. But if so, that's a small county in a small state.)
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Well, Pat Saiki didn't have much more after she left her congressional seat, and George H. W. Bush appointed her to head the Small Business Administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
        Ha! One more good reason to see he's not re-elected!

I don't see a cabinet job, though. What are her qualifications for any of those jobs? (Which is not to say that some of the current cabinet members have great qualifications, but still...) Two years of governor of a small state in the Pacific and what? Mayor of Maui? (Was she mayor over there? I don't remember. But if so, that's a small county in a small state.)
        Yeah, she was Mayor of Maui County for a couple of terms. Mostly talk, though.
        You think being Governor of a state (even if it's an eency one) isn't enough qualification? Christine Whitman was Governor of CT and she went into the Bush cabinet. You don't think because Lingle had high visibility during the NRC that she's not bucking for another job higher up? I've seen this kind of thing happen way too often (one of the only benefits to being makule ). And the ones who are puppets for the President (regardless who that might be) tend to get rewarded with cushy jobs. It's not like Lingle is being considered for the Supreme Court or anything like that, where there would have to be Senate confirmation. Political appointments don't have to make sense...and the way Lingle is defending the Prez (instead of the more politically expedient thing of just shutting up and saying nothing) you bet she's gonna count on a handout if Bush is re-elected.

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Small correction. Christine Whitman was NJ, and she had a strong environmental record for a state which has often been the laughingstock of the country for its pollution (maybe unfairly; I've never been there).

You might be right about the rest, though. As I say, one more reason (although not the largest) to ensure the man is diselected.

Has there been any smell of voter registration fraud in Washington like there has in Oregon?

Comment

Has there been any smell of voter registration fraud in Washington like there has in Oregon?
            Not yet, although the company that was collecting voter registration forms is in BIIIIIIG pilikia in Las Vegas, where what they were doing was first reported. Actually, there were similar complaints in FL earlier this year about newly minted citizens going to try to register to vote and getting a Republican form instead of the Democrat one they asked for. I don't know if the same company was involved in that little scandal. I'm sure if that company was tempted to come into WA, the Attorney General's office (she's running for Gov right now) would have done something about it as soon as it was reported in LV.

Miulang

Here the story from Las Vegas: http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...517659602.html

Here the story from Oregon: http://www.ala.org/al_onlineTemplate...ontentID=76329

Comment

Small correction. Christine Whitman was NJ, and she had a strong environmental record for a state which has often been the laughingstock of the country for its pollution (maybe unfairly; I've never been there).
              Oh yeah, that's right. The Gov of CT just came out of the closet and decided to step down. And NJ is pretty polluted, and its inner cities are crumbling. Most of it is a bedroom community for NYC. I do like the names of some of their towns, though: Paramus (I say "Pairamooose" when I want to get da old man mad (he was raised in NJ).

Miulang

Comment

Good riddance if she does resign to join the Cabinet, although I still hope it won't be a Bush2 decision.

Comment

I'd much rather have Lingle as governor and Kerry as president, than Bush as president and someone else as governor. I mean, there are priorities. Linda Lingle doesn't have the power to declare war.

Comment

The October 20th showing of Conan O'Brian had a showing of Triump the insult dog interviewing various movers and shakers during the third debate in AZ. And the dog interview Linda Lingle.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                      Oh yeah, that's right. The Gov of CT just came out of the closet and decided to step down.
                      That was Jim McGreevey, Gov of NJ (the bulk of his speech was about coming out, not much about why he's stepping down). The Gov of CT at one point had many accusations against him, including accepting many bribes, but he has repeatedly refused to step down.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                        You know what? Reading this article about your governor makes my stomach turn. Instead of being at home working on your local issues, she's off schmoozing with the Bushies (granted, she's not using state funds to travel, but is she also using vacation time too?), first at the RNC and in the audience of the debates and now on the road with the Prez.

Anyway, my prediction is that if Dubya is re-elected, Linda will be moving into his cabinet because most of the people in his current cabinet are disgusted with his leadership. It wouldn't suprise me in the least bit that if she's not appointed to some cabinet office, she will be appointed Ambassador someplace. And if Bush loses, next time around, she will run for a Senate or Congressional seat.

Miulang

http://starbulletin.com/2004/10/14/news/index2.html
                        Where do you get that most people in the current cabinent of Bush are disgusted with his leadership? Did you just make that up out of thin air?

Comment

thats the first I've heard of it too. Have any proof?

Comment

Re: Bush v. Kerry in Hawaii

Originally posted by BKHale2007
                            From David Briscoe's Associated Press article on Cheney:

In response to a question, Lingle said it was more important for Bush to win the presidency than for Hawaii to be represented by Republicans in Congress...."With four days left, it's more important for the president to get re-elected," Lingle said.

Are we to assume she couldn't care less about Gabbard, Tanonaka, and Cavasso winning?
                            I'm telling you guys, if Bush gets elected, Linda really really wants to move to Washington, DC! Has anybody asked her that question, and if asked, has she responded? My bet is she would drop you guys in a heartbeat and walk away if she was offered a cabinet position.

Miulang
                            Last edited by admin; November 1, 2004, 05:18 AM. Reason: Split Lingle discussion from Bush/Kerry thread.

Comment

Re: Bush v. Kerry in Hawaii

What cabinet position do you think she's qualified for? Not to denigrate her (much), but I can't think of a single one. Labor? EPA? Nah.

Comment

Working...
                              X