Barack Obama: Punahou Grad makes the big time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack Obama: Punahou Grad makes the big time

If he wins his Illinois Senate race this November, and after a few years of hardening to the ways of Congress, I really do believe that Barack Obama has a very good chance of becoming the first Black President of the US. I think he could run on either major party ticket and win, just because of where he came from, the hardships he overcame and the good he is doing today in Chicago.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/....ap/index.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Barack Obama: Punahou Grad makes the big time

Barack Obama got a lot of good coverage locally during the Democratic National Convention, when many cited him as the most dynamic and inspiring speaker of the whole gala.

Note previous Obama discussion in the DNC thread.

One to watch, for sure, a few years from now... provided he survives the usual slings and arrows and doesn't succumb to (or reveal) any wacky peccadilloes.

Wouldn't he and John Edwards make a handsome ticket?

Comment

A late update to this old thread to note that Barack Obama sailed to a strong victory in his Illinois senate run. Notes the Chicago Tribune:
      In defeating Republican Alan Keyes by the largest margin ever in a Senate contest here, the 43-year-old Obama becomes the only African-American elected this year to the world's most powerful legislative body and only the third since Reconstruction.

Comment

The best thing about Barack Obama is he doesn't let his newfound fame go to his head. I hope he can continue to be the same self-deprecating, humble person as he earns his chops in the Senate!

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...hesastandupguy

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X