No announcement yet.

Computer Fish and Chips sounds good eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Fish and Chips sounds good eh?

Since moving to the east side of the big island I've realized two things missing (actually three but Mix 92.7 filled that void): no decent pet stores and no decent computer stores!

So what do you think about this combination: A computer parts and supply plus pet store with an emphasis on fish?

Both kinds of hobbyists are kinda geeky anyway but both are hardcore about their hobbies.

When I was in Honolulu I actually thought about mixing up store ideas like topless barber shops! Hey honey I have to get my weekly haircut again. Say miss can you cut a bit more off the front, no you can leave my glasses on.

Or combination hardware/lingerie shop where both spouses can spend the entire day without feeling guilty (actually the Hilo Sears did in fact put their lingerie department within two steps of their hardware, lawn/garden departments. Hey honey do you think this black lace teddy looks good with that Craftsman Chain saw? or hmmm racy thong underwear or safety goggles?

So with a computer/fish store, you can either select between an aquarium or an aquarium screen saver or get both in one convenient location! Better yet put your 17-inch LCD monitor behind an empty glass aquarium filled with water and watch your screensaver thru the glass. Whadda you mean it ain't real...das one real aquarium right in front of you you friggin bastard.
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: Computer Fish and Chips sounds good eh?

Hey! Put in some deep fryers in the back and cook up "real" fish and chips, too! I'll bring the malt vinegar!
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I can see it now Craig's fried fish and fried overclocked CPU's. Special only for today.

Comment

Do your shopping for fish online, and shop for your computer, interesting.

Actually, if you're interested, I've seen a computer mod that has a fish tank on the tower portion of the computer (one half is the tank, and the other part has the computer parts). I didn't think that he used the fish's water for water cooling, but I've seen worse with computers and pets (one guy had a hamster/gerbil pet in his computer [it was sealed off from the other components, but he put a fan in the pet's area])
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I like this mod the best...great for those late night WalMart postings
          Last edited by craigwatanabe; November 2, 2004, 11:32 AM.

Comment

for you professional workers still trying to climb that corporate ladder:
            Last edited by craigwatanabe; November 2, 2004, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
              I like this mod the best...great for those late night WalMart postings
              That'd go nicely with the easy bake oven mod (if it was real)

But you can get this:

While we're at it, here's another cool PC accessory (or desk in this case)

All from Think Geek
              Last edited by adrian; November 2, 2004, 10:38 AM.
              How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

A reminder to the picture-happy people... be sure you control the sites that are hosting the images you're posting. If not, you're engaging in bandwidth theft (credit is not enough), and you should remove the images and replace them with links to the pages on which they appear.

Comment

Working...
                X