The Happy Halloween Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Happy Halloween Thread

Who loves Halloween? (If you don't, try here instead.) Have anything fun planned? Any costumes at work, or waiting to come out Sunday? Do you get much trick-or-treating in your neighborhood, or do you avoid the wandering ghouls and princesses altogether and celebrate the holiday with a nice dinner out?

Afterward, as usual, there's definitely going to be enough candy in the office lunchroom to last through New Year's. Only the candy we don't like, of course. What's your favorite kind of Halloween loot? I'm more a "salty" snack person than a "sweets" guy... but I'm sure I'll risk a cavity or two anyway.

I guess since Halloween falls on a weekend, there weren't as many folks in the dress-up spirit downtown this year. But at home, I've got young kids, so the anticipation of the sugar high is palpable. Our menagerie this year will probably be a Disney Belle™, a bumblebee, and... um, something small and cute. A marshmallow sounds easy enough.

Re: The Happy Halloween Thread

Just as long as they don't play loud music, and come to our house if we're not giving out candy.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

I don't plan on anything special for Halloween.

Comment

I've got two bags of candy for kids, but on past performance we'll end up eating one of them ourselves (over time, over time!) There are very few small kids in our neighborhood (built 1968, and pricey these days).

A few years ago a father was taking his daughter around and taking pictures of people handing out candy to her. About two weeks later we got a copy of the pic in the mail. Now that was thoughtful.
        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Today was costume test-driving and pumpkin carving day.

Hoping it won't be a terribly wet Halloween... though I'm pretty sure my daughter will insist on heading out, puddles or not.

Comment

My first halloween in Hilo was a wet one indeed. It seems everyone goes to Prince Kuhio mall for the indoor trick or treating then there's this mass exodus to Sunrise Ridge (the exclusive subdivision above UH Hilo).

Throngs of kids from all parts of East Hawaii were there including us, trekking through the rain that I dubbed Hiloween that's Halloween Hilo style: In the rain.

Where I live there's maybe two houses per block so we didn't expect any goblins to come knocking at our door plus there aren't any sidewalks (sometimes no shoulders) and no streetlights.

Okay Halloween is over, now it's Thanksgiving...or is it Christmas? I can't tell these days as Macy's got the Christmas decorations up already!
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

5 "kids." Average age: ~16. Leftover candy: 1.75 sacks (3 Musketeers and Snickers -- both "fun size."

When I was 16 I considered myself too old for trick or treat.

Comment

so now that you're 17, do you still think you're too old?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                  so now that you're 17, do you still think you're too old?
                  Hey! This way we get all that leftover candy without having to go beg for it!

Comment

I don't beg...I'm the King's taste tester (you know the kids rule the house) and I have to sample every piece of candy to make sure it's okay.

Final report was announced at this morning's family breakfast briefing: No suspect candy found, all tested good.

Got any Pepto anyone?

Comment

Working...
                    X