How 'bout them Rainbows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 'bout them Rainbows?

Ow. Before a national TV audience, Boise State steamrolled over Hawaii today, 69-3. We got our three points first, but it was all, all downhill from there. Timmy Chang was in the spotlight aiming to break a passing record... but instead set a new record for interceptions.

Hawaii (3-4, 3-3) is 0-3 on the road this season and has been outscored 158-52 away from home. The Warriors had won three of their last four games.
    Poor guys. Must've been that blue field. It makes my eyes hurt all the way out here!

Louisiana Tech up next on Nov. 6.

Re: How 'bout them Rainbows?

How about the Rainbow Wahine instead? 20-0 in what was billed as a rebuilding year.

I dunno about the football team. Part of it's injuries to the defense, no doubt, but they just aren't performing up to anyone's expectations, including their own.
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

$50,000 per loss should be deducted from June Jones' salary.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

take that $50,000 deducted from jones' salary, and give it to shoji.

Comment

They sure got thrashed... it was painful just to watch

Comment

They sure needed this win, 34-23 over Louisiana Tech. And Timmy Chang finally crossed the line.

Hurts so good
            The smallest Aloha Stadium crowd of the season (announced at 27,948 turnstile) looked on last night as Hawaii's Tim Chang and Louisiana Tech's Ryan Moats kept the thrills coming... Hawaii improved to 4-4 and 4-3 in the Western Athletic Conference, while LaTech fell to 4-5 and 3-2. UH needs to win three of its remaining four games for a bowl bid.
            Chang shakes off pain to pass Detmer:
            On a night for the record — and story — books, ailing quarterback Tim Chang led Hawai'i to a 34-23 football victory over Louisiana Tech at Aloha Stadium. Chang, a fifth-year senior, entered needing 14 yards to break Ty Detmer's NCAA record of 15,031 career passing yards.
            Next week at Fresno State. Once again, ESPN cameras will be there. I'm crossing my fingers!

Comment

Too bad they can't play as well as they do at home while they're on the road. But, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed too.
              La'akea

Comment

The low crowd turnout surprised me a little. It's not everyday you can see an NCAA career record eclipsed.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Wow. A come-from-behind nailbiter win over Michigan State, 41-38. Incredible.
                  Michigan State stole Christmas from Hawaii 15 years ago and tried to do it again last night. But the Warriors were just too good when they had to be and too resilient. Hawaii came back from a two-touchdown halftime deficit to beat Michigan State 41-38 before an Aloha Stadium crowd of 36,938 (turnstile) and ESPN2 audience, earning a berth in the Dec. 24 Sheraton Hawaii Bowl against Alabama-Birmingham.
                  Whew. I was beginning to think a national TV audience was a jinx.

Comment

Timmy Chang And Uh...it Was Your Night!

We arrived in time for pupus and drinks. However, the party started long ago before we even got there. The men were watching football...UH and Timmy Chang's last performance. Eh, I was hungry and even if the game was great and everybody was screaming touchdown after touchdown, my opu was sore! Still, congrats to TIMMY CHANG AND THE UH WARRIORS...uhh Jim Jones and his staff too. After kaukau, we sang and opened presents...no mike. Shucks, theres still tomarrow. Asked my two Police Officer nephews to hook me up with a single guy...they ignored me.heheheh
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Nice bowl win vs. UAB.

Great way for Chang, Owens and the rest of the seniors to go out-- no one gave them a chance to go to this game without buying a ticket a month and a half ago.

Comment

My dad and his family were at the game. High scoring, lots of opportunities to stand up and cheer. A good show, indeed, and one for the recordbooks. And folks across the country were watching (and likely envying our decidedly non-white Christmas!).
                        Chang closes career with 4 more TD passes
                        Timmy Chang capped his record-setting career in style. Chang became the first college quarterback to pass for 17,000 yards, throwing for four touchdowns and running for another to lead Hawaii over Alabama-Birmingham 59-40 in the Hawaii Bowl on Friday night in Honolulu... Chang, the fifth-year senior from Honolulu, went 31 of 46 for 405 yards with no interceptions, spoiling the Blazers' first trip to a bowl game.
                        I feel a little bad for the Blazers, but hell, they got a trip to Hawaii for Christmas. Life could be worse, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          I feel a little bad for the Blazers, but hell, they got a trip to Hawaii for Christmas.

did you see their coach come over and congratulate June Jones? He was flanked by some canadian mounted police style UPS colored uniformed dudes with old west kine multipoint star badges. have we developed a rep for ruffian ways and fighting the other team or what!?

Comment

Working...
                          X