How Much Does It Cost To Go To Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Does It Cost To Go To Hawaii

IM A NEW MEMBER HERE HOW MUCH DOES IT COAST TO GO TO HAWAII AND DO YOU HAVE TO FLY OR CAN YOU TAKE A BOAT PASSIONS598undefined

Re: How Much Does It Coast To Go To Hawaii

First of when posting notes around here (and pretty much anyplace else) you should use mixed case characters (both upper and lower case) and not just plain upper case characters. Otherwise people think you are shouting.

That being said, I take your original question is "How much does it cost to go to Hawaii" and it really depends on where you are coming from. Plane fare from the West Coast of the United States would be much cheaper as opposed to coming from the East Coast of the United States. And even then it's slightly more to come from Seattle, WA as opposed to San Fransicso, CA.

Comment

Hmm. Can you take a boat to Hawaii anymore? I mean, without connections, our own boat, or some odd arrangement with a cargo company? Are there any trans-Pacific commuter services outside of cruise ships?

Air is pretty much the only option. Round trip to the West Coast can hover around $300 depending on the carrier and time of year, or $800 (if you're lucky) to the East Coast.

Just type your airport and "HNL" (for Honolulu) into any travel site -- Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, or PriceLine -- and you'll see quickly what the price range is.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        Hmm. Can you take a boat to Hawaii anymore? I mean, without connections, our own boat, or some odd arrangement with a cargo company? Are there any trans-Pacific commuter services outside of cruise ships?

Air is pretty much the only option. Round trip to the West Coast can hover around $300 depending on the carrier and time of year, or $800 (if you're lucky) to the East Coast.

Just type your airport and "HNL" (for Honolulu) into any travel site -- Travelocity, Orbitz, CheapTickets, or PriceLine -- and you'll see quickly what the price range is.
        IME, $800 is a bit of an over-estimate, except during the holidays. It's probably more like $6-700, though I saw fares of $575-600 RT from NYC last June. Since I am planning on going to my Punahou 20yr reunion next June, I hope there are deals like that next year as well. It seems like airfares are staying down overall, even for holiday travel. I just paid $222 for a Delta RT ticket from JFK to SFO(to visit my mom), leaving 12/22 and returning 1/4.

Comment

Re: How Much Does It Cost To Go To Hawaii

I'm leaving Oklahoma next week for Oahu and my ticket was 426 RT. But i saw it 4 days later for 335 (i was ticked off!!!!!!!). Then it depends on what you want to do there. I live there long long ago and want to see where i lived again and then i intend to do Diamond Head and a helicopter ride. Otherwise i wont be spending much at all. My original intention was to ride theBus everywhere as well but then my brother decided to come along so........I cant wait!!!!!!!!!
          If anyone on Oahu is NOT happy , feel free to trade places with me.

Comment

Originally posted by memorylane
            I'm leaving Oklahoma next week for Oahu and my ticket was 426 RT. But i saw it 4 days later for 335 (i was ticked off!!!!!!!).
            yea, it is very similar to the fluctuations of the stock market. and nothing at all like yer corner market;
            ya can't assume the feller next to you on the plane paid the same for a HNL rt as you did. Rt or even one way prices change by the minute, almost.
            There are tricks to getting the good price and ya gotta ferret them out and employ them.

Comment

Aloha Memoryland,
              426 for roundtrip tickets to Hawaii????? That's awesome - sure the extra 90 clams would have come in handy at the ABC store, but seriously tickets out of St. Louis are around 800 clams. They could have gone up 90 clams too - remember that!

Stephen

Comment

Working...
              X