This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bush Watch

You want a good giggle? Go peruse the whitehouse.gov website and periodically see what the Prez is telling the Press Corps.

Here's his exchange with the Press Corps today, where he remarks that he's earned "political capital" in this election and that he intends to spend it all:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...0041104-5.html

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: The Bush Watch

Here's the Washington Post analysis of what it's going to take the President's new administration to fill the trenches it dug during the first Presidency. The Post gives Bush until the middle of 2005 to mend the fences or there will be a meltdown within the Republican party over policies between the neocon Administration and the more moderate Republican conservatives.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/110504I.shtml

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Interesting facts about the last 3 Presidents who were re-elected to second terms:

Richard Nixon: resigned in disgrace (rather than be impeached) over Watergate.

Ronald Reagan: Iran-Contra Affair cause grave problems for the Administration

Bill Clinton: impeached because of Lewinsky Affair

What will George Bush's Waterloo be? Halliburton? Food for Oil? At least half the US will be watching very carefully over the next 4 years...

Miulang

Comment

Political capital windfall

Originally posted by Miulang
        the Prez is telling the Press Corps
        that he's earned "political capital" in this election and that he intends to spend it all
        Bush speaks of having "earned political capital" that he "will spend" to further his corporatist, theocratic agenda of regression, domestic and foreign. Obviously, the Bush cabal does not recognize any of their political deficits into which they should first direct their so-called newly "earned political capital". Quite the contrary, they intend to rule as if they have never incurred political deficits.

As they spend (ie impose their will) their 'political capital', it is inevitable that they will immediately begin experiencing the downside of the law of diminishing returns. What they spend in the parlors of partisan power will energize their opposition, thus entailing ever greater expenditures in attempts to further the BushCheney agenda on the back of humanity.

Comment

Regarding the Bush Administration's grandiose plans of getting the Dems and moderates in Congress to go along with their plan to privatize part of Social Security for younger workers, the answer is clear: "When HELL freezes over!"

So much for detente. The honeymoon is already over, and the Prez hasn't even been sworn in yet!

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/news/...lsecurity.html

Miulang

Comment

As the article below suggests, the Administration will be thwarted in fulfilling its "manifest destiny" before 2008. The question is: where will be debacle be the worst and cause the most angst? 49% of the US voting populace is gonna be watching...the pendulum will swing back to the middle.

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/110904F.shtml

Miulang

Comment

You know this would be a great time for Kerry and Edwards to really show what they're made of. Just because they didn't take the top honors, they can still be proactive in their desires to bring back the troops.

So far all I've heard from the two is rhetoric with no meat behind it. Now maybe they wanted to keep it hush hush so if they won they could implement it.

If Kerry's plans were so great (in his mind) why waste such a good idea! He should start a campaign to get the job done. If he can do it (not as the President) then he can show that he was the right man for the job.

You don't have to be the President of the United States to change the world and a strong grassroots campaign headed by Kerry and Edwards could be enough to bring change, look at all the civil rights leaders that have changed the world.

So if Kerry can accomplish this goal of bringing home the troops and bring peace to the middle east without being the president, can you imagine what he could do if he was? Now's the time for him and Edwards to show what they're made of. I hope to hear from him in a proactive way during the next four years instead of disappearing. Look at President Carter, he did more for the world after being president than while he was in office.

By the way Miulang, when I was in the military I went to my first assignment which was Mtn Home AFB in Mountain Home, Idaho back in 1978. I was told that this AFB was described as "Hell" because of it's remoteness and lack of women. I arrived one cold December evening during a snow storm. The sign on the Interstate offramp said "Welcome to Mountain Home".

Someone had crossed out Mountain Home and spray painted the word "Hell" across the name.

Okay I said to myself, welcome to Hell and guess what? Everything was frozen over! Somewhere some beautiful young girl had to marry some fat ugly bastard to keep that promise, "When Hell freezes over is when I marry you!" I guess she did, poor gal, lucky bastard!
              Last edited by craigwatanabe; November 10, 2004, 08:10 AM.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                By the way Miulang, when I was in the military I went to my first assignment which was Mtn Home AFB in Mountain Home, Idaho back in 1978. I was told that this AFB was described as "Hell" because of it's remoteness and lack of women. I arrived one cold December evening during a snow storm. The sign on the Interstate offramp said "Welcome to Mountain Home".
                I've driven through Mtn Home, and there really isn't much to it, is there? I remember seeing a few buildings up the side of a hill, and that was about it. Since you were in Idaho and in the Air Force, did you guys ever get to Hill AFB in Utah? We used to call that place "Hell AFB", too.

Miulang

Comment

For those of you who were disappointed by the results of the Presidential election, try taking the 2 tests at this website (and after that, start snooping around on the main website).

I can almost guarantee the responses you give to the questions will make you feel better about your knowledge of the Bible and how our government runs. There's still hope for us!

http://www.retrovsmetro.org/lighterside/games.php

Miulang

Comment

Here's the complete text of the President's radio speech yesterday. Note that he says more than 115,000 Iraqi security forces will be trained by the January election. Unfortunately, it has been shown that a percentage of those trained troops are also aiding the enemy. That's why our own troops are a little leery of fighting side-by-side with the Iraqis.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea.../20041113.html

Miulang

Comment

King Bush has secretly ordered his puppetman at the CIA, Porter Goss, to get rid of any CIA employees who don't agree with him or his administration. I guess that means an almost clean sweep of the CIA, then, which will now embark on a hiring campaign to hire clones of Bush who are paranoid and will spread his form of patriotism around the world. Can you say "assassin"?

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...-top-headlines

Miulang

Comment

Bushwacking

"(Bush) says more than 115,000 Iraqi security forces will be trained by the January election. Unfortunately, it has been shown that a percentage of those trained troops are also aiding the enemy. That's why our own troops are a little leery of fighting side-by-side with the Iraqis."
                        Miulang
                        As if U.S. soldiers need something else to look out for, Iraqi police and military uniforms used by "the enemy" are on the growing list.

Comment

Boy, that old revolving door to the White House cabinet is really spinning now! 4 more cabinet secretaries have handed in their resignations. The most prominent of today's resignations is that of Gen. Colin Powell. Gen. Powell was the voice of reason and moderation and a calming force within the Bush Administration's first 4 years. He is a true statesman and diplomat, who gets along well with leaders from all parts of the world. His chosen successor? None other than Condoleeeeeeezza Rice. Poor ol Condy really wanted Rummy's job in the Defense Dept. but since Rummy appears to want to hold on to his job until we get out of Iraq, Condy will have to settle for the State Dept.

Unfortunately, she has made quite a few enemies over the last four years, particularly in terms of being one of the key players in the Iraq debacle. The Democrats in Congress are not going to forget this and she will probably face some fairly tough grilling during the confirmation hearings. Also, I think if she is confirmed, the leaders of the Middle East will really not want to deal with us, after all, not only is she a woman, she's a black woman to boot. Middle Eastern cultures don't take too kindly to uppity women. Hang on to your papales, it's gonna be an interesting ride!

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...M&SECTION=HOME

Miulang

Comment

There are at least 2,000 former members of the Armed Forces who served in the past who are now appealing their being called back into active service because their last tours of duty were years ago and they have fulfilled their military requirements. There are at least 110,000 other members of the Active Reserve who are carefully watching what happens to these 2,000 people. Is this another shameful chapter in the Bush Administration's attempt to follow through with the promise of not reinstating the draft? Seems like a really stupid idea to me. Why aren't they able to recruit more young volunteers? Why do they have to try to put back into uniform people who have honorably served their country and fulfilled their tours of duty?

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/111704A.shtml

Miulang

Comment

NYT poll on the fallout from the last Presidential election. Mandate for Bush? Hardly. Further polarization of the US over the next 4 years? Probably. Does the President and his Administration really know what the people of this country want him to be doing with Social Security, tax reform or gay marriage? Not a clue. The original article came from the NYT, but you need to subscribe in order to view it, so I've given you the Truthout.com source instead.

Miulang

http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/112404A.shtml

Comment

Working...
                              X