Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know the holiday season is here when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know the holiday season is here when...

Yes local people, its that time of year: cold toilet seats in the morning.

The joys of the holiday season is upon us. First with the toilet seats, then the leftovers for weeks. Soon, it'll be xmas, and it'll be back to work/school for everyone.

What do you notice differently when the holidays are here?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: You know the holiday season is here when...

Originally posted by adri1456
    Yes local people, its that time of year: cold toilet seats in the morning.

The joys of the holiday season is upon us. First with the toilet seats, then the leftovers for weeks. Soon, it'll be xmas, and it'll be back to work/school for everyone.

What do you notice differently when the holidays are here?
    All of the malls are quite crowded each holiday.

Some or few of us want to either shop early or last minute.

We wish & pray for our loved ones that are not with us for the holidays.

We start sending care packeges for those who are not with us.

Aloha. Have a safe & happy holidays to all.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

There are sales everywhere! And some people are nicer.

Comment

The ACLU starts suing the city on religious grounds. Ho ho ho!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

They start hanging up all the plastic "greenery" at Ala Moana Shopping Center, which they did during last night.

(Of course, the big stores had their decorations up much earlier, especially Sears, Macy's and Nieman-Marcus.)

Now any minute they will start playing Christmas music over the loudspeakers.

Comment

This morning I saw that at Kamehameha Shopping Center, they've started putting up the giant electric snowflakes along the sidewalk.

Comment

I'm sure they did it last year, but for prescription refills I went elsewhere then; the big Navy Exchange Pearl Harbor has a huge atrium, and it's now got a giant tree in the middle of it. I think it's artificial, because I didn't smell evergreens when I went there this afternoon.

Otherwise, it's the tv commercials with Christmas music. Or the thousands of catalogs we get in the mail.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

My Mom is persuading us to play Xmas songs.

I only have 15 songs on my hard drive right now (I just reformatted, and I imported what I had from my iPod).

Who'll play xmas songs till december?
                How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

The holiday season is here for me when I start buying blankets in quantity ($5 a piece) and knitted caps and mittens and cans of coffee and other stuff from Costco to give to the homeless in my community. It also means going to the local community center and picking out 6 gift tags from a "giving tree" for homeless kids so they can have at least one new toy under their trees. It's about making a fire in the fireplace and snuggling with the cats while enjoying a hot toddy. I can most certainly dispense with the false trappings of the holiday, though. Remember when the retailers didn't start decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving?

Miulang
                  "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                    My Mom is persuading us to play Xmas songs.

I only have 15 songs on my hard drive right now (I just reformatted, and I imported what I had from my iPod).

Who'll play xmas songs till december?

PM me and I'll help you out there

Comment

The kids start planning their caroling route to earn lots of money from aunts and uncles.

Comment

...Christmas tree sellers start popping up in parking lots.

...Salvation Army bell-ringers and their kettles set up shop around town (but not at many malls).

...Families start lining up so kids can get their picture with Santa.

...you have to start wearing socks (or wearing anything at all) to bed.

Comment

WalMart's started selling christmas trees over the weekend and it's not even thanksgiving yet! Get ready for the 6am WM Blitz this Friday!

Comment

Working...
                          X