The Incredibles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Incredibles

So, who's been out to see the number one movie of the weekend? The reviews of Pixar's "The Incredibles" have been high across the board, and had I not been in L.A., I'm pretty sure my family would have accounted for some of those record-breaking ticket sales. We've definitely got it on the itinerary for this weekend... or maybe even Thursday.

Thing is, it's the first PG-rated Pixar animation outing, so I wanted to get some feedback from folks who've seen it as to just how intense it might be for small kids. After all, the G-rated "Finding Nemo" rattled my daughter a bit... though of course now she loves the film.

Any quickie reviews? Thumbs up?

Re: The Incredibles

I just went last night with a few of my friends (ages 28-35) and we had a lot of fun with it. It's like a typical Pixar/Disney film where the jokes tend to be aimed at an older crowd, but it was simple enough where kids will enjoy it just for the story line.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Saw it the other night, and I loved it! Although it's fun for kids, this one is aimed squarely at the grownup comics fans of the world.

And for all you This American Life fans out there (I know Ryan is, at least), the voice of Violet, the teenage daughter, is done by Sarah Vowell. You know, Sarah "my dad is a gun nut" Vowell?

Comment

I saw it on Thanksgiving afternoon. Would have gone sooner but I had other things to do.

It was a fun movie, I think the PG rating is due to some super heros dying in the flashback scene or finding the remains of dead ones in the film.

I like the super hero costume designer who says "no capes".

Comment

Working...
        X