Red skies at morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red skies at morning

The sun coming up over the Ko'olau this morning was blood red and so dim I could look straight at it. Wonder if there's any connection with all the volcanic activity lately on the Big Island?

Re: Red skies at morning

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    The sun coming up over the Ko'olau this morning was blood red and so dim I could look straight at it. Wonder if there's any connection with all the volcanic activity lately on the Big Island?
    Yep, it does. That red sun was caused by vog blown up from the Big Island by the southeast winds.
    Other than the mountains looking hazy, I enjoyed watching today's sunrise from the lanai... exactly as you described.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Kona winds choke O'ahu with heavy Kilauea 'vog'
      Blame the volcano. That ugly, blue sky-blotting haze that smothered O'ahu today is "vog." Kona wind conditions brought the haze from Kilauea volcano north from the Big Island, which is a normal weather pattern for this time of year, state health officials said.
      I'm looking forward to a colorful sunset!

Comment

Don't schedule any strenuous activities though, especially if you've got asthma. Let's hope these kona wind periods don't coincide with any flu outbreaks, or sick people will really have a hard time of it.
        Last edited by Glen Miyashiro; November 9, 2004, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I took some photos late this afternoon at Magic Island park. The city views were pretty much socked in with vog.... one would almost think we're in L.A.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

So, that's why Honolulu was foggy yesterday. I thought either someone was making a massive bbq on Ala Moana Shopping Center's parking lot, or a building was on fire.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

It was much clearer today at sunup. Glad it was only one day of kona weather.

Comment

Working...
              X