Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy Hawai'i?

Hawaii ranks high in health
    The state also has the nation's lowest rate of obesity, an annual study finds
    (http://starbulletin.com/2004/11/12/news/story5.html)

The Aloha State is No. 1 for a low prevalence of obesity at 16.4 percent of the population.
    You mean to tell me that 16.4% is the lowest obesity rate in the country? That's still one out of every six people being obese (BMI > 30). Doesn't seem very healthy to me.

Re: Healthy Hawai'i?

Try looking at the Midwest where it's steak and potatoes! My goodness I think the ratio there is probably 1:1
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

>>>Try looking at the Midwest where it's steak and potatoes! My goodness I think the ratio there is probably 1:1

Steak and potatoes won't make you fat. Eating half a cow and field of potatoes will.

It amazes me the sheer volume of food people continually shove down themselves. I can barely finish a "mini" plate lunch. And everyone continues to scratch their heads as to why they're morbidly obese.

Comment

"It amazes me the sheer volume of food people continually shove down themselves."

I often see people gobbling down plate-lunch boxes and any appetite I might have had is gone. If I were the size of most of them, I don't think I'd eat for weeks.

I don't believe that report on obesity. I've never, anywhere in the world, seen as many grotesquely overweight people as I've seen here.

Comment

I think Albert's right. There's too much onolicious carbs around. I don't know many other places where they eat macaroni salad and rice plus sushi all at the same meal! Plus the haupia, the malasadas...sigh

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

okay...so what's wrong with that? You just gotta get on that treadmill til you drop! Three cups of Star Bucks coffee should keep you fueled for the run
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Here is an ONLINE questionaire that can actually tell you how healthy you really are.

It is sponsored by a Doctor on the Big Island.

http://www.howsyourhealth.com

When you get to the Hawaii related answers... the questions say North Hawaii... because it is assumed that you are on the Big Island taking the test...(if you entered in Hawaii as your location of taking the test)

It's about 20 questions... real easy!

I highly recommend this.
              Last edited by damontucker; November 14, 2006, 04:52 PM.

Comment

You said twenty questions!

Buliar!!!

Here's mine: "Your Health Problems and Risk" score indicates that you are facing a number of health problems and that there are things you can do to improve your health and well-being."

Duh???? I knew dat.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                  You said twenty questions!

Buliar!!! I said ABOUT

Here's mine: "Your Health Problems and Risk" score indicates that you are facing a number of health problems and that there are things you can do to improve your health and well-being."

Duh???? I knew dat.

Auntie Lynn
                  Aunty... please don't discourage people to take this...

You must have also gotten another more thorough diagnosis that your not sharing... but that's ok...

I didn't count the amount of questions and they weren't numbered... my bad.

But you must admit it is a good test yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                    Aunty... please don't discourage people to take this...

You must have also gotten another more thorough diagnosis that your not sharing... but that's ok...

I didn't count the amount of questions and they weren't numbered... my bad.

But you must admit it is a good test yeah?
                    It's not a Test. It's a Questionnaire. The questions are excellent.

Nothing is betta than seeing a Professional in Person!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

curious... are you sure you got to the very last page...
                      " HowsYourHealth Action Form"
                      From what you posted... it doesn't seem like you went to the final link of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123 View Post
                        curious... are you sure you got to the very last page...
                        " HowsYourHealth Action Form"
                        From what you posted... it doesn't seem like you went to the final link of the page.
                        Duh!!! Banaaana!!! I not like you! Wat! I going cut and paste everything? I no tink so. I tried to be nice by saying the questionnaire was excellent. You know wat....forget it! Too hum bug!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Relax Auntie...

I was just asking cause it's a very good questionaire and I wanted to make sure that you did get to the end...

Of course I never expect you to post what it said.... besides that... It probably said you need more SEX...nah.... j/k... you know it!

I'm glad you took the time to take it....thanks.

Comment

Manoa, you wait till I get my hands on you!

WHACK WHACKS!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Why the whacks Auntie?

It is proven that an active sex life keeps a person healthy

You know I playing

Comment

Working...
                              X