David Sedaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Sedaris

Anyone going to his show tomorrow at the Hawaii Theatre?

Sedaris is the author of Naked, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, and Me Talk Pretty One Day. He's a regular contributor to NPR's This American Life, which is where I first heard of (and heard) him. I sure wish I could see him in person.

Re: David Sedaris

I'd probably really enjoy hearing him in person, but the ticket prices at the Hawaii Theatre are pretty steep. The last time I saw a monologist like that was probably the show that Spalding Gray (RIP) did at the Academy Theater years ago. My current favorite Sedaris story is his old This American Life piece, "Drama Bug", where the teenage Sedaris spouts Shakespearean iambic pentameter at the family dinner table. Hilariously pretentious.

Comment

David Sedaris is speaking tonight at the University of Washington. I love this guy! His books are sooo hilarious and so obviously gay, but not in an offensive way. I first read Me Talk Pretty One Day. Couldn't put the book down.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

For the curious, here's that Sedaris piece I was talking about, "Drama Bug", in streaming Real Audio.

Comment

Working...
        X