hawaiian poi dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hawaiian poi dogs

hello, i had never heard of a poi dog before and was wondering if anybody had pictures and information about the breed.

Re: hawaiian poi dogs

Originally posted by niki
    hello, i had never heard of a poi dog before and was wondering if anybody had pictures and information about the breed.
    Hi Nikki:
    A "poi dog" is really a dog of mixed pedigree, what mainlanders would call a "Heinz 57" dog. Some probably might have descended from the dogs that came to Hawai'i with the Polynesian voyagers, but today we call any dog of mixed pedigree a "poi dog". Poi dogs are just like many of the local people from Hawai'i...a little of this and a little of that.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Eh Miulang!!! No get technical, a poi dog is a mutt, simple and plain one dog that had too many ancestors that jumped the fence. Me I'm pedigree...100% Japanese but I went marry one mixed breed (I no like say my wife is one mutt or else I going get it real bad) and now my family is all poi dogs. Eh but at least they get the Hawaiian and as my Hawaiian friend Jerrette says: Hawaiian land...Hawaiian can!

Imua!!
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
        but I went marry one mixed breed (I no like say my wife is one mutt or else I going get it real bad) Imua!!
        Eh. You may end up in the dog house, make any funny kine li'dat!

"poi dog"
        =
        two course Pillafeeno dinnah.

heh. wuzz'n me!
        blame it on delima!

Comment

I been there already.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
          X