Lowes planning to build store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowes planning to build store

Lucky you! You guys are getting another home improvement store...right next to Home Depot! How stupid can that be?

Actually, I prefer shopping at Lowes (maybe because it got its start in Seattle ). They seem to have more of the stuff I need than Home Despot.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../bz/bz01p.html

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Lowes planning to build store

Stupid? That's where the business is. That whole area is becoming a "construction and home improvement" district. With the Nimitz Design Center at full capacity, some specialty shops in Nimitz Center and along Nimitz as far west as Kalihi Street, and the behemoth Lowes and Home Depot surrounding the homegrown City Mill... it'll be the place to be if you want to reach contractors, carpenters, plumbers, and the like.

Don't forget Best Buy coming in, and Costco already established, and KMart (for however long) serving the low-end department store market. Throw in Dole Cannery and you've got a whole retail metropolis coming together just a stone's throw from Downtown.

Connect all that to Aloha Tower Marketplace, Restaurant Row, and the billion dollar residential-retail complex planned for the harbor area, and it's a whole new world a decade or so from now.

Comment

Re: Lowes planning to build store

The area will soon have a Best Buy electronics store in addition to Costco and Home Depot. Those three join older residents Hilo Hattie, Kmart and City Mill.
      ALL RIGHT!!!
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
      X