I got many email accounts, but these are my main email providers:
    - Hotmail
    - Gmail
    - Yahoo
    - dodgeit.com (a free no login site)

What about you?
    hotmail
    yahoo

I have my own email server which runs on a Sun Ultra 10 running Solaris 9. I mainly use the ones above for spam buckets

Comment

Re: Who's your email provider?

Well....... I got Road Runner as main provider,
      As well as many other ones. (which I am not sharing, sorry.)

Well Aloha, alll.

Take Care.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

LavaNet, of course.

I do have email accounts at Hotmail, Yahoo, and some other places but very rarely use them.

Strange thing is, I have one email account which I have NEVER used but it gets hundreds of spam mails each week.

Hmmmm, if you create a UNIX .forward file to dev/null, does that work?

Comment

Eudora 6.1. I have others set up as personalities within it, and gmail forwards to it.
          http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

For me, hotmail and yahoo. funny... i have so many email addresses that i use for "spam-collecting" that i cannot keep track of them all. sheesh

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
              LavaNet, of course.

I do have email accounts at Hotmail, Yahoo, and some other places but very rarely use them.

Strange thing is, I have one email account which I have NEVER used but it gets hundreds of spam mails each week.

Yes, that should work just fine.

Comment

Anybody know how to get around or work with Verizon Business E-mail's authentication requirement for SMTP? I've set up a new personality in Eudora, but I can't seem to send/receive. I keep getting authentication required errors.

It's weird. I have another Verizon DSL account and I have never had any trouble with it, but this new one doesn't work. I've tried creating a new mail personality by copying existing settings from the other Verizon account, but it still doesn't take.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I have Hawaiian Tel Dial-Up and Gmail for my email!

Auntie Lynn
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

That's kind of cutting off the nose to spite the face. Maybe you should consider setting up greylising instead. It's cut the spam on my mail server to almost nothing. If you're not familiar with the concept, it works thusly: the SMTP specification mandates that an MTA should attempt to retry after a certain period if the remote mail server rejects the message or is down. Most spam clients won't do this, as it would make them too easy to track down. With greylistng, the MTA rejects the first delivery attempt from a new mail server, deferring for 300 seconds. An RFC compliant mail server will attempt to re-deliver, and when it does, the mail is accepted, and the sender address is added to the greylist. Future messages from that sender are accepted without delay. It's pretty groovy. I'm implementing this with postfx + postgrey. The installation and configuration are pretty trivial.

Originally posted by Albert
                    LavaNet, of course.

I am Jack's absent signature.

Comment

That's an interesting approach. Sure boosts the size of the queue and increases network traffic, but versus the mountainload of spam, it's probably insignificant.

I have addresses affiliated with each of my two dozen or so domains, though only a few are real mailboxes and the rest just redirect. My primary online e-mail address is Gmail, and I'm slowly converting most of my Hotmail and Yahoo! friends. My primary "real" address is on my server and allows IMAP, which is great for checking mail from different locations (including my phone).

Comment

i get:

roadrunner mail

work email

hotmail

gmail

yahoo

Reggie aka pinakboy
                        Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                        Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                        Recipe Tube TV!
                        Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

email providers

Has anyone tried Windows Live Mail Beta? Is it any good? There are so many email provider options now, I'm confused as to which one to use (I have several). Which email provider do you think is best and why?

Comment

gmail.

dodgeit.
                            "It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.."

Comment

iav.com (first ISP account, 12 years of e-mail)
                              hcc.hawaii.edu (seldom checked ... 1st 90s Internet e-mail account)
                              yahoo.com (for all my Yahoo stuff)
                              hawaii.rr.com (for "important" stuff)
                              opihi.com (my own domain, which is spam filled)
                              work
                              gmail.com (primary now)

Although people do send me PMs here, on Ohanalanai, via myspace.com. Never had a hotmail.com account.
                              just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

Working...
                              X