This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming summer movies

Summer is almost starting and so is the summer movie season. Anyone got a list of movies they want to see this summer? For me it will be (in no particaular order other than what pops into my mind:
    1. Thunderbirds
    2. The Village
    3. Garfield
    4. Spider-man 2
    5. The Day After Tomorrow
    6. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (which got delayed to September)
    7. Shrek 2
    8. I, Robot
    9. Alien vs Predator

Re: Upcoming summer movies

3. Garfield
    Helen, I love you, you know this, but... I can't believe this movie is on anyone's "to see" movie list. There was a theater preview for it when my family and I saw the forgettable "Home on the Range," and there was an audible groan from the audience. The only thing I look forward to as far as "Garfield: The Movie" is concerned are the reviews: like the incredibly mean reviews for "Master of Disguise," I expect to see writers whipping out the very cruellest and wickedest turns of phrase.

I was so happy to read that "I, Robot" was being made into a movie... but then I saw Will Smith was in it, and I realized they're not going to be making the movie Isaac Asmiov would have made...

I am curious about the sequels you mentioned, though, "Spiderman 2" and "Shrek 2." But I'll probably wait for those on DVD.

What about "Harry Potter: The Prisoner of Azkaban"?

Comment

For the Garfield movie, according to the plot summary in IMDb. Odie gets kidnapped and it's up to Garfield to save him. So I suspect lots of laughs for that plot. If not well, I won't eat my hat but I might write a thumbs down review.

As far as the Harry Potter movie, never saw the first two and never read the books. Given the genre I might enjoy it.

Comment

From that list, only "I Robot" goes on mine (despite the peculiar casting).
        But in the pre-summer time, "Troy" is tops on the list, opening next week.
        (Only because of the not-peculiar casting.)

Comment

Need to add The Terminal and maybe Dodgeball to the list of movies to watch.
          Last edited by helen; May 31, 2004, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
            Need to add The Terminal and maybe Dodgeball to the list of movies to watch.
            ...and Harry Potter!
            Lovena

Comment

After seeing the preview of "I, Robot" I'm not quite as interested, but I suppose I shall see it ...

I guess I'll add "Stepford Wives" to my list, because I am definitely a Bette Midler fan.

Comment

How about Fahrenheit 911? According to the tickets website, Kailua may have committed to showing it, but nowhere else on Oahu yet. Anyone seen a poster at one of the multiplexes?
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

"How about Fahrenheit 911?"

Good question. I do want to see it.

Comment

Double posted this, but I don't see how to delete it.
                    Last edited by Linkmeister; June 27, 2004, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Fahrenheit 911 is now at Dole Cannery and Ward, as well as Kailua. It's getting a ton of buzz, isn't it? Not just locally, but nationwide. Huge first weekend sales for a documentary, I think I heard.

Comment

Will probably see Fahrenheit 9/11 this weekend, plus maybe Napoleon Dynamite (they're both playing at the $5 matinee art house in Queens, and I get no mo kala). Other movies I'd like to see(but not at NYC $10 prices) : Two Brothers, Shrek 2(still haven't seen it), Story of the Weeping Camel, DodgeBall, and the Manchurian Candidate remake.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                          Summer is almost starting and so is the summer movie season. Anyone got a list of movies they want to see this summer? For me it will be (in no particaular order other than what pops into my mind:
                          1. Thunderbirds
                          2. The Village
                          3. Garfield
                          4. Spider-man 2
                          5. The Day After Tomorrow
                          6. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (which got delayed to September)
                          7. Shrek 2
                          8. I, Robot
                          9. Alien vs Predator
                          My hubby & I saw Spider Man 2!.
                          Let me tell you, for those who have not seen it yet?, I recommend it!.
                          It's a good action flick.
                          We plan to see "I, Robot", next.
                          It looks like a non stop action flick, to us.
                          BTW- The "I, Robot", What does anyone think, it resembles to?.
                          Aches & Pains
                          (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

With expection of Garfield (Sky Captain doesn't count) I managed to see all the movies I planned to see and then some. All in all it was an okay summer to watch movies (at least for me).

Comment

Helen said:

"it was an okay summer to watch movies"

Enjoyed "Hero" (even if it was from some summers ago), much enjoyed "White Castle", but otherwise this summer's movie season didn't much excite me.

And from that TGIF survey of the movies between now and Christmas, I can only hope to find some good books to read ...

Comment

Working...
                              X