PDA

View Full Version : Since when Jack-In-The-Box is selling gift certificates? O_o

adrian
November 22nd, 2004, 02:19 PM
I thought we're trying to lose weight, not gain weight.

I saw that sign on the Jack in the box resturant on my way home after I came off the bus in Waipahu. I wish I had a camera, so that I can show you guys.

How is someone gonna use this? Someone will fill the card up with $10? $50? $100? O_o

Miulang
November 22nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
McDs has had gift coupons for years, so it doesn't surprise me if Jack's didn't start selling them too. You can buy 'em in $5.00 packs (each coupon is worth 50 cents, although I don't know of anything you can buy at McD for 50 cents). Even places like Pizza Hut have gift certificates now. I think people buy 'em at Christmas a stocking stuffers or for the newspaper delivery people, etc.

Miulang

adrian
November 22nd, 2004, 03:49 PM
McDs has had gift coupons for years, so it doesn't surprise me if Jack's didn't start selling them too. You can buy 'em in $5.00 packs (each coupon is worth 50 cents, although I don't know of anything you can buy at McD for 50 cents). Even places like Pizza Hut have gift certificates now. I think people buy 'em at Christmas a stocking stuffers or for the newspaper delivery people, etc.

Miulang
But that kinda shocked me, in the era of trying to lose weight and counting carbs, who'd like to receive a gift card?

808_m3
November 22nd, 2004, 03:56 PM
I thought we're trying to lose weight, not gain weight.

Wanna lose weight? Try reading Fast Food Nation (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060938455/002-0335787-0011254?v=glance) by Eric Schlosser. It's an interesting read. You'll think twice about going into any fast food restaurants.

adrian
November 22nd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Wanna lose weight? Try reading Fast Food Nation (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0060938455/002-0335787-0011254?v=glance) by Eric Schlosser. It's an interesting read. You'll think twice about going into any fast food restaurants.
I've been trying, but I just can't stand losing my body.

And I've been fat all my life, so I don't know what it feels like being skinny.

Albert
November 23rd, 2004, 08:37 AM
McD's gift vouchers are one dollar each now (not that there's much one can buy there for a dollar, either .... except senior coffee for fifty-two cents and then you get the change in CASH!). (Making whoopee .... )

craigwatanabe
November 23rd, 2004, 02:00 PM
But that kinda shocked me, in the era of trying to lose weight and counting carbs, who'd like to receive a gift card?

I don't count carbs...I eat them.

I don't know about you but this era certainly isn't about losing weight as more teenagers become obese. I think it's the media that's making weight gain such a critical issue.

But if anyone wants to give me their JintheB gift coupons because their counting calories or carbs, I'll be happy to accept them :rolleyes: