Since when Jack-In-The-Box is selling gift certificates? O_o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when Jack-In-The-Box is selling gift certificates? O_o

I thought we're trying to lose weight, not gain weight.

I saw that sign on the Jack in the box resturant on my way home after I came off the bus in Waipahu. I wish I had a camera, so that I can show you guys.

How is someone gonna use this? Someone will fill the card up with $10? $50? $100? O_o
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Since when Jack-In-The-Box is selling gift certificates? O_o

McDs has had gift coupons for years, so it doesn't surprise me if Jack's didn't start selling them too. You can buy 'em in $5.00 packs (each coupon is worth 50 cents, although I don't know of anything you can buy at McD for 50 cents). Even places like Pizza Hut have gift certificates now. I think people buy 'em at Christmas a stocking stuffers or for the newspaper delivery people, etc.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
      McDs has had gift coupons for years, so it doesn't surprise me if Jack's didn't start selling them too. You can buy 'em in $5.00 packs (each coupon is worth 50 cents, although I don't know of anything you can buy at McD for 50 cents). Even places like Pizza Hut have gift certificates now. I think people buy 'em at Christmas a stocking stuffers or for the newspaper delivery people, etc.

Miulang
      But that kinda shocked me, in the era of trying to lose weight and counting carbs, who'd like to receive a gift card?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
        I thought we're trying to lose weight, not gain weight.
        Wanna lose weight? Try reading Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. It's an interesting read. You'll think twice about going into any fast food restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by 808_m3
          Wanna lose weight? Try reading Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser. It's an interesting read. You'll think twice about going into any fast food restaurants.
          I've been trying, but I just can't stand losing my body.

And I've been fat all my life, so I don't know what it feels like being skinny.

Comment

McD's gift vouchers are one dollar each now (not that there's much one can buy there for a dollar, either .... except senior coffee for fifty-two cents and then you get the change in CASH!). (Making whoopee .... )

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
              But that kinda shocked me, in the era of trying to lose weight and counting carbs, who'd like to receive a gift card?

I don't count carbs...I eat them.

I don't know about you but this era certainly isn't about losing weight as more teenagers become obese. I think it's the media that's making weight gain such a critical issue.

But if anyone wants to give me their JintheB gift coupons because their counting calories or carbs, I'll be happy to accept them
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
              X