Take my money, give me the change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take my money, give me the change

It's such a damned nuisance to shop in some local stores. Sears may be one of the worst. I just wanted to buy a cheap tee-shirt, give the woman the money and get my change. But I had to listen to a spiel about getting a "Sears Card" (I'd already heard it three times from the customers in front of me in the line). When I said "I don't believe in credit cards", she looked at me as if I was un-American. And then she said " don't you have any coins?"

(We're talking about 35-cents change here that she had to give me.)

Re: Take my money, give me the change

I can't remember the last time I paid cash at Sears. It's usually by check or by credit card.

And I got used to the spiel about if I want to apply for a Sears credit card.

It's usally a thing that cashiers have to say even though if you and they think about it's a needless thing to say.

CompUSA is another company that does that with their extendard warranty. I picked up a Canon Bubblejet printer last year that cost $49 and the cashier who ringed it up asked me if I want to spend another $50 for a 2 year extendard warranty. My reaction was I could buy another printer with that money and he agreed with that.

Comment

that is too funny. somewhere he stopped thinking....
      Aloha,
      Mokihana

Comment

Don't want to start a new thread on this so will mention it here...I constantly get phone solicitations that are recordings so even if I pickup the phone it's still going...blah blah blah! I had a credit card recording go on for 1 1/2 minutes! I took down the # and called them back saying PLEASE don't do it again. Get more of this type of recordings from credit report companies.
        Retired Senior Member

Comment

*MAJA BUMP*

Okay RETAIL stores must push the ol credy cards and if ya don't then corps will be screamin their heads off at the regional heads followed by the store managers then us the every day joes and joans behind the register.
          We have all been in that position of selling something whether we like it or not. If there was some kind of reward incentive then yeah i'd be pitching to every customer when and where ever possible. What kills me when the you must have this OR else attitude.

Comment

The easiest way to cut retail salespeople short is to say..."I just declared bankruptcy."!

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
              CompUSA is another company that does that with their extendard warranty. I picked up a Canon Bubblejet printer last year that cost $49 and the cashier who ringed it up asked me if I want to spend another $50 for a 2 year extendard warranty. My reaction was I could buy another printer with that money and he agreed with that.
              I got the same spiel at Best Buy. I love how when you say "no" to extended warranties, they give you this gaping look like you're driving without break pads.

It all reminds me of that episode of Simpsons when Moe stuck a crayon in Homer's brain and he said "Extended warranty? How can I miss?"

Comment

Want me to send you my t-shirt??!

"DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT YOU TO TALK TO ME??!"
                Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                Sharing withother survivors...
                www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by blueyecicle View Post
                  Want me to send you my t-shirt??!

"DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT YOU TO TALK TO ME??!"
                  Good one! Wish I still had my "Phuque Off" t-shirt. Would love to wear that one to electronics stores!

Comment

i love how they can have a straight face trying to sell me an extended warranty of $40 on a $60 (sale price) product.
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                      I got the same spiel at Best Buy. I love how when you say "no" to extended warranties, they give you this gaping look like you're driving without break pads.
                      My mother's response was "Am I going to need it? Because I'm not going to buy this if I am." That usually stops them right there.

Comment

If You Find a Lincoln Penny With This Distinctive Mark, It Could Be Worth up to $60,000 (yahoo.com)

Pennies from heaven.

Comment

Working...
                        X