Is Halo 2 on your Xmas wishlist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Halo 2 on your Xmas wishlist?

Grand Theft Auto, Halo 2, Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 all get the thumbs down from the Interfaith Center for Corporate Responsibility as being too violent, sexually explicit or otherwise not suitable for the under-17 crowd. So if you have kids under 17 who have these videogames on their wishlist, think twice before caving in and getting it for them.

An interesting point made by the article is that WM bans certain magazines (Playboy, etc.) and books (Jon Stewart and Bill Maher's NYT Bestsellers) from its shelves and yet still sells games like Grand Theft Auto. Hypocritical or what? Sex is "bad" but blood and gore isn't?

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-5...tag=zdnn.alert

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Is Halo 2 on your Xmas wishlist?

Just take away the PS2s, PCs (but not mine) and Xboxes, and you'll stop them from playing the games (atleast it works for me, because my Mom is using our PS2 as a DVD player to watch downstairs).

But if your kid is mature enough, knows whats right and wrong, etc, then let him play the game.

I'm just trying to prevent myself from having any withdrawal symptoms from not playing Grand Theft Auto San Andreas because I'm finishing my work faster to play the game.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
    X