The Polar Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Polar Express

This is a sweet, touching movie with dazzling technology, a new "Christmas classic".

I loved the very subtle use they made of some wonderful holiday music recordings. (The soundtrack album must be splendid.)

I think it was a little bit too long, could have been better edited to get rid of some slow moments and they should have used a more classic American image for Santa (he looked a little too much like a demented homeless guy).

But all in all, a first class movie.

Re: The Polar Express

It was an okay movie, but I couldn't fathom the reason why the train stopped at certain kid's place.

In the middle of the movie I had the impression that the train stopped at kids homes who might die on Christmas Eve night and this would be their chance reddem themselves

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      It was an okay movie, but I couldn't fathom the reason why the train stopped at certain kid's place.
      I know, at first I thought it was for kids who didn't believe, and this was their way of seeing the truth...in addition to the main character, there was Billy, who seemed like he didn't believe because he never got gifts, and that know-it-all kid who probably thought it was impossible, whatever. But that doesn't explain why the little girl was there...she obviously believed. So I don't know how it chose the kids. Maybe it had to do with all of them having to learn something (what was punched out on the tickets). I haven't read the book yet, maybe it was mentioned there?

What really amazed me throughout the movie was the graphics. I was just staring at that the whole time...how it sometimes looks so real, even though you know it's animated...I think most of my time was spent just watching the animation, amazed, thinking, wow, the things they do with computers nowadays ... that I think I missed a few key points of the movie

And I agree, Albert, about the depiction of Santa. I thought Steven Tyler was more accurately depicted than Santa was (at least how I picture him--a more jolly, plump man).

Comment

My first impression that Donald Sutherland was Santa in this movie but I was wrong too.

Comment

sAW THIS YESTERDAY...chicken skin and feelings of the Holidays! Simply, MAGICAL!
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
          X