Best Place(s) to eat.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Place(s) to eat.....

Any one can recommend a really good place to eat? &/or any good restaurant you would like to share with everyone here?.

I like EL CHARRO, they are on 111 Sand Island Access Rd.
    Ph. # 845- 9637 -or- something simple perhaps....
    Covenant Books and Coffee.
    They are on 1142 12th Avenue. Ph. # 732-4600

Any places that you would like to share?
    Last edited by Serenity; November 27, 2004, 07:15 PM.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: Best Place(s) to eat.....

That depends on what kind of food one wants to eat. For me it runs the type of plate lunch or fast food since normally I eat alone.

Comment

I like El Charro too. If money wasn't an issue (like it always is!), then I would go to The Bistro at Century Center. The food is what they call American Bistro but the best thing is the French Onion Soup. Sometimes I go in the late afternoon (they are open all day from 11am to midnite) and just have this soup. Another place I really like but don't go to often because of money is The Pineapple Room.

On the more affordable side I really like the BBQ Inn in the Pearl City SC right next to Ben Franklin Crafts - they do really good Korean takeout like chap chae, grilled chicken and pork bulgogi. Don't order from the ready-to-eat selections at the okazu window in front, go inside and order. I also like Down to Earth soups and their Tapioca Pudding made with rosewater.

Now, I'm hungry!

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp
        If money wasn't an issue (like it always is!), then I would go to The Bistro at Century Center. The food is what they call American Bistro but the best thing is the French Onion Soup. Sometimes I go in the late afternoon (they are open all day from 11am to midnite) and just have this soup.
        Have you tried Nick's Cafe in Mapunapuna? I know several people who go there just for their French Onion Soup. I'm not an expert or anything, but it is incredibly delicious, and I have to guess that Nick's is a considerably more affordable option than The Bistro!

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
          Any one can recommend a really good place to eat? &/or any good restaurant you would like to share with everyone here?.

I like EL CHARRO, they are on 111 Sand Island Access Rd.
          Ph. # 845- 9637 -or- something simple perhaps....
          Covenant Books and Coffee.
          They are on 1142 12th Avenue. Ph. # 732-4600

Any places that you would like to share?
          I really enjoy Verbano for Italian and thier wine selection is pretty good. So many good plate lunch places out there take your pick. Eastside grill for casual dinner/ beer and pupus kind of place.

Comment

Thanks for all good names of all retaurants,
            I plan on trying to get a lot of good lists down, so
            I can go to most or all of them & try them out.
            Hope I get a cance to.

I think all of those sounds really good.

Can't wait to try them out.
            Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
              Have you tried Nick's Cafe in Mapunapuna? I know several people who go there just for their French Onion Soup. I'm not an expert or anything, but it is incredibly delicious, and I have to guess that Nick's is a considerably more affordable option than The Bistro!
              Thanks for the tip on Nick's! I hadn't heard about their French Onion Soup but I will definitely try it and report. BTW, The Bistro version is $9 so I'm sure it'll be more affordable at Nick's.

Comment

My favorite place at the moment is Molly's Smokehouse in Wahiawa. They do barbeque and soul food. They have the best hush puppies this side of the Pacific.

I really like Assagio when I want Italian. Jose's in Kaimuki is a great Mexican place.

Comment

To revive this site a little bit....

My hubby & I have our very own favorite places that we always go, or try to go, any way.

We like:
                  the vietnamese noodle places, like in China Town.

The 2 places we like best, are ToChau & Kuulong!.

Those 2 are not too bad when it comes to prices.

The cost is pretty fair. I wouldn't go anywhere close to waikiki, that's for sure. Their prices there are so high. Pretty shocking, if you ask me!.

Well, that's my 2 cents.

Aloha.

P.S. Any one else want to add on to this thread/post?.

Thank you & God Bless.
                  Aches & Pains

Comment

days of aloha

a laid back place with a nice interior design is a hidden place called days of aloha. hidden because it's in a place you'd never see: on the second floor of a building on 11th avenue (kaimuki). no full meals here; just sandwiches, soups, coffee and desserts. sit by the railing and watch the world go driving by.

for italian, there's a place called sabrina's. the woman and her husband are from italy. very nice couple. small place. as you're driving down waialae avenue toward the university, there's an intersection with a gas station on your right (just past city mill). it's right across the street from the gas station. parking is lousy but the food's good. a little pricey.
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Likelike Drive Inn is sort of all right. Food and service is okay and the prices are reasonable, it's open 24 hours a day but the only drawback is that it's a cash only place but in the age of ATM's it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Comment

Here are my favorite restaurants:

Okonomiyaki Chibo Restaurant, Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center. Go there for lunch. They have some great lunch specials for a reasonable price. The Japanese-style hamburger steak is awesome. (Your choice of sauce: wafu, ponzu or teriyaki.) The Ginger Beef is good, too. But if you want to try their specialty (okonomiyaki), get it with bacon and mochi & cheese. That's my favorite.

Imanas Tei near Puck's Alley (you can park in the Puck's Alley structure when the teeny lot at Imanas gets full). Awesome izakaya.

Okonomi Kai Cuisine, across from the new Wal-mart in town. Another great izakaya, nice ambience, and interesting dishes.

Comment

If you're ever up in Lahaina, Maui, visit David Paul's Lahaina Grill. The prices are steep(expect to spend about $70 US per person), but the food, service, and atmosphere is awesome. I would definitely say that this restaurant is one of the best restaurants in the state. The food is prepared with the best ingredients available using techniques that make the food truly wonderful. The wait help are very knowledgeable with the menu and also with the wine selection. The restaurant is situated around many art gallerys near Front St. which makes it intimate.

Comment

I enjoy (in no particular order)

1. Formaggio
                            2919 Kapiolani Boulevard

2. India Cafe

3. Diamond Head Market Grill

4. Mazal's Kosherland
                            (The best hummus/pita sandwiches!)

5. Olive Tree Cafe (best Greek food)

6. Just like this place for their bread pudding: Zia's
                            45-620 Kamehameha Highway

7. Giovanni's Original Shrimp Truck (I only go if they have the spicy shrimp)
                            Kamehameha Highway,Kahuku

Comment

Working...
                            X