Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you know of any GOOD PAWN Shops?

Do you know of any GOOD PAWN Shops?

Please provide as many details as you can (including your personal experiences), mahalo!

Re: Do you know of any GOOD PAWN Shops?

I heard my friends say that there's a good pawn shop in Waipahu (I don't know where specifically, the only one I know here is the one near Jack in the Box). He got a PS2 for $70 in good condition.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

There used to be one on the second floor of Westridge Shopping Center, on the ewa side of Kaonohi St. opposite Circuit City. There's still a sign visible from the street, but I'm not sure it still exists. I used to go past it when I was getting resume copies made on decent stationery next door.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

There's a pawn shop on Keeaumoku between Wilder and Beretania, near the Golden Pine restaurant and the Chevron station. I don't know if it's any good, but it's been there a while.

Comment

Anyone know if they're reliable for electronics?

I'm looking to get $200 for my iPod, and I thought that if I go there, they'd give it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
            Anyone know if they're reliable for electronics?

I'm looking to get $200 for my iPod, and I thought that if I go there, they'd give it to me.
            No way you going get $200, even if it's worth that much. You going be lucky to get $75. More betta you go try sell 'em to one of your friends @ school (get one community bulletin board where you can go post da specs?).

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Or eBay. Let the frenzy of the auctions drive the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                Or eBay. Let the frenzy of the auctions drive the price.
                The only problem with eBay is it's such a pain in the tochis to set up a seller's account, and then you have to decide if you want to accept PayPal, money orders or credit cards, then you have to worry about flakes who may try to hijack you...better to sell to somebody you can physically see in case you have to wring that person's neck for ripping you off!

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I've only been a buyer (once, yesterday. See the "Seeking" thread.). I hadn't thought the sell side was that hard, but now that you mention it, yeah, there are a lot of mental hoops to jump through, aren't there?

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                    No way you going get $200, even if it's worth that much. You going be lucky to get $75. More betta you go try sell 'em to one of your friends @ school (get one community bulletin board where you can go post da specs?).

Miulang
                    I'm like the only iPodder there, everyone else has Creative's, iRiver's or even CD players/tape players.

If I sell it at school, the buyer might take it apart and/or bash it around, then take pics and parade it like a trophy.

I don't want that to happen to my baby.

Comment

I'm like the only iPodder there, everyone else has Creative's, iRiver's or even CD players/tape players.

If I sell it at school, the buyer might take it apart and/or bash it around, then take pics and parade it like a trophy.

Eh Adrian, if you don't want to see that happen to your "baby", then I guess you're not going to sell it, yeah? Once you sell something, it's no longer yours. The new owner will be able to do anything s/he wants to do with it.

Miulang

Comment

boy, that is some weird freaky paranoid strange scenario perspective there, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
                          Eh Adrian, if you don't want to see that happen to your "baby", then I guess you're not going to sell it, yeah? Once you sell something, it's no longer yours. The new owner will be able to do anything s/he wants to do with it.

Miulang

real world 101.
                          some hit it early, some later.

Comment

Or this awful heinous buyer could put a lit birthday candle on it and place it on the podium in the auditorium while warbling a tibetan chant, while wearing a nun's habit and sucking on a pacifier.
                            Now that is another very bad prospect I would worry about too!

But, hey:
                            That's nowhere near the worst of it.
                            He COULD put diapers on it, and parade it around school singing a lullaby while nursing it! You don't want THAT to happen to your "Baby"!
                            Last edited by kimo55; January 3, 2005, 04:01 PM.

Comment

OKAY, OKAY, I GET THE PICTURE.

I was being sarcastic about that.

I know that once it leaves the house, it won't be mine (that's why I'll reformat it).

Comment

Working...
                              X