yer tax dollars at work to destroy "aloha"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yer tax dollars at work to destroy "aloha"

what da hell kinda infantile amateur-hour miniscule banana republic are we runnin' here anyway!?

the obvious necessary questions arise:

will heads roll?!

will there be ANY accountability?!

Kauai airport.
    tourists forced to sleep out doors, on the lawn since a Hawaii state dept. of airports employee forced the airport to close fully, forcing many to sleep outside on the grass after a plane flight was cancelled and NO taxis were running, and NO rooms were available at any hotel.
    We have the natural resultant "wusn't me" crap ensue.
    Lingle "seriously considers writing notes of apology to the stranded tourists"
    haven't ya heard?! the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

sheesh.
    and the Hawaii tourism board calls this "the Aloha Sate"..

what a joke. one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing and all the while, fraudulently, millions of our tax dollars are being wasted on promoting our islands. In a dubious manner obviously and equally obviously, it is being wasted.

addendum:
    VERRRY telling:
    go to the web site, and the name has been taken off the pic of the director. (sez; Mr. X) ha.
    and NO info on this department available.

(hey; just realized; SINCE the govnmt in its infinite wiz dum declared the concept of "aloha" a statute, a law, the person who shut down the airport, among many other obvious infractions of the legal and the common sense variety, has in fact, broken this law!)

Rex Johnson of the Hawaii Tourism Authority ( how much authority, we never know) extends to the peons, this revelation in the Pac Biz news: "It's a terrible way to go about conducting business"

"...the Hawai'i Tourism Authority has been created to promote the state as a vacation destination to travelers from the Mainland and abroad."
    (...apparently the idea is, after we take their money, treat em like kukae.)

"Now the HTA is expanding its marketing effort to include a campaign aimed at increasing awareness among local residents of the contributions tourism makes to the community and the economy.

$150,000 has been allocated in financing from HTA, will promote the industry through a series of TV and newspaper ads that showcase programs supported by the industry.
    a commercial showcased a project partly funded by the Hawai'i Tourism Authority to revitalize the Hawaiian lilies at the Koke'e Natural History Museum on Kaua'i."

"It's beautiful what we can do when we all work together," said a woman's soothing voice at the end. The voiceover is then heard mumbling something like; "just remember the fragrant flowers when you experience da stink way we treat you at da airport"

"HTA hopes to secure additional money from the business community to support TV commercials, which will be supplemented with half-page newspaper ads and radio spots touting industry-supported projects and programs including the new campgrounds at islandwide airports..."
    Last edited by kimo55; November 30, 2004, 09:26 PM. Reason: late breaking news. I can't fix it, but!

Re: yer tax dollars at work to destroy "aloha"

Kahului Airport has also been shut down completely more than once since 9/11. The tourist industry on Maui is a little more proactive than it appears Kauai is (probably because Maui gets more tourists). Rather than keep people milling around the airport, they've transported them offsite by bus (last time it was the War Memorial Gym in Kahului, I think) and local businesses provided refreshments (they might also have provided some impromptu entertainment). Hotels also notified their guests about the airport shutdown so at least the tourists didn't head for the airport without knowing that they would have no planes to board.

In this age of increased security, you can bet there will be more airport shutdowns, and the Counties need to be working with the tourist industry and the Visitors Bureau to ensure that tourists, while inconvenienced, still leave feeling that Hawai'i is the Aloha State.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Re: yer tax dollars at work to destroy "aloha"

Originally posted by Miulang
      (they might also have provided some impromptu entertainment). Miulang

When they shut down Kauai airport here's the entertainment they shoulda sent to the outdoor lawn sleepers:
      the state employee who closed down the airport.
      then give tabasco soaked boxing gloves to all the tourists who were inconvenienced.
      state worker punching bag. what fun!

Comment

Working...
      X