Let's talk about stem cell research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about stem cell research

I am new to these forums and so as I looked around here in the government section, I noticed that missing from discussion is a debate on stem cell research. How say you to the idea of government-sponsored stem cell research?

Re: Let's talk about stem cell research

I don't see any reason why the government should sponsor it, but I also don't see any reason why they should prohibit private researchers from doing so.

Comment

The government should sponsor it because the government sponsors a whole lot of other health research, and stem cells are a valid and valuable research topic. In fact, in 2003 the National Institutes of Health spent about $18 billion on government-sponsored research grants, of which stem cell research should have been a part.

Comment

I think the Bush Administration should stop lying about how they favor stem cell research. The greatest advancements in finding a cure for some chronic diseases does not reside with adult stem cell research; it has to come from embryonic stem cell research!

Miulang
        "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X