Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the address for Diamond Head Mental Health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the address for Diamond Head Mental Health?

Are they like MIB or something?

They only have a phone number listed in the white pages, and when I googled then name, I got the same number, but I also got this:

I'll (or my Mom will) call them, but why the secrecy?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: What's the address for Diamond Head Mental Health?

Mental health agencies and places like shelters for battered women, etc. don't usually give out street addresses because it could possibly endanger the staff and clients who are served by those agencies. If an abusive husband, for instance, found out where his wife and kids were hiding out, he might want to go to the address and harm them or some innocent person working there.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

In April, a Child Protective Services worker was targeted in an automotive arson attack. This was at an administrative office, which is generally unknown to the public. Sadly, because of the bonds and emotions involved, people who do work like this frequently bear the brunt of the ugliest side of human nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        Mental health agencies and places like shelters for battered women, etc. don't usually give out street addresses because it could possibly endanger the staff and clients who are served by those agencies. If an abusive husband, for instance, found out where his wife and kids were hiding out, he might want to go to the address and harm them or some innocent person working there.

Miulang
        Makes sense.

But I got the address (I had to dig through the results, but I got it).

Mods can now lock this.

Comment

Adrian, if you have a problem you know everybody on this board is behind you all the way (hiding from the bullets).

But then again we're all pretty much mental cases for the stuff we write on this board. But Diamond Head Mental Health Center is adjacent to Leahi Hospital across the street from Kapiolani Community College on Kilauea Avenue.
          Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
            Adrian, if you have a problem you know everybody on this board is behind you all the way (hiding from the bullets).

But then again we're all pretty much mental cases for the stuff we write on this board. But Diamond Head Mental Health Center is adjacent to Leahi Hospital across the street from Kapiolani Community College on Kilauea Avenue.
            Hmmm...this begs the question, Craig, since the location is supposed to be kinda secret, howcome you know where da place stay be, hmmm?????

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe

I already know where it is (my friend knew it all along; he just had to get off the H1 then that woke up his memory).

And I thought this thread was dead? What do I have to do to lock something here? Go against ToS?

Comment

Hmmm...this begs the question, Craig, since the location is supposed to be kinda secret, howcome you know where da place stay be, hmmm?????

Miulang
                ummm....I dunno!
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Aloha all! Glad you know where Diamond Head Mental Health is. I hope that the workers there isn't anything like they are at Lanikila Mental Health. By the way, if you haven't heard...mental illness is like having any other form of illness. Seems the advertisements to educate the Public is not working. I suffer from mental illness and recently have been diagnosed with schizoaffective. I was already manic depressive now this new one Auwe! Anyways, it's XMAS EVE, so Have a Safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Aloha all! Glad you know where Diamond Head Mental Health is. I hope that the workers there isn't anything like they are at Lanikila Mental Health. By the way, if you haven't heard...mental illness is like having any other form of illness. Seems the advertisements to educate the Public is not working. I suffer from mental illness and recently have been diagnosed with schizoaffective. I was already manic depressive now this new one Auwe! Anyways, it's XMAS EVE, so Have a Safe and MERRY CHRISTMAS!
                    Mele Kalikimaka, Lynn. Even though it might sound odd, I'm glad they finally figured out what was causing all your symptoms. You're right. Mental illness is like any other illness. Just make sure you take your medications and go for your counseling on a regular basis. I hope 2005 is a more peaceful one for you and that the demons go away so you can live your life more quietly. I also hope your 3 kids stay safe so you can have a joyous reunion with them in March.

Miulang

Comment

Mele Kalikimaka, Lynn. Even though it might sound odd, I'm glad they finally figured out what was causing all your symptoms. You're right. Mental illness is like any other illness. Just make sure you take your medications and go for your counseling on a regular basis. I hope 2005 is a more peaceful one for you and that the demons go away so you can live your life more quietly. I also hope your 3 kids stay safe so you can have a joyous reunion with them in March.

Miulang
                      Mele Kalikimaka to you Miulang! You have such a kind way of writing. Yet, I've read your posts that shows you are a hell of a fighter like me,when push comes to shove. Anyways, I've been feeling not all there especially the past couple of months. It's not demons that I see...it's ANGELS! They''re funny and kolohe. I rebuke them in the name and blood of Jesus so I know they are not demons. If medications would take them away, I don't want it. They are not the problem. Doing weird things,blanking out and not remembering is. Also, it's not supposed to hurt going crazy...I do. My head hurts so bad sometimes. I wish it was migraines but it's not. I have an appointment to see the neurologist cause it could be something altogether different. Being Bi-polar, I already take Dapakote and Lithium. I knew something was wrong and was told nearly a month ago of possibly being schizoaffective. I've been trying to get med's without any success until yesterday, instead of Jan. 20th, I have an appointment sometime next week. The State System sucks! I have insurance so I'm going to seek a psychiatrist in the private sector...I don't know why I had let meself go through Hawai'i Nei's rude,egotistical,no compassion State System. Oh, I remember, it was the Psych Social Worker, Jerry Coffee at Kaiser! AUWE!
                      My son and daughter is coming in April 2005! My youngest is here and lives with her hubby of two years. They're expecting my first grandchild anytime till Jan.18th! A BABY BOY,Antonio Avilla! That's betta than any gift, yeah!
                      Last edited by 1stwahine; December 24, 2004, 08:00 AM.
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                      X