Baldwin High fights student tardiness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldwin High fights student tardiness

I don't know if this is the only way to get a kid to class on time, but it appears to be working at Baldwin High School of Maui (my alma mater!).

If you're late, you get locked out of class and have to stand in line in front ot the auditorium to get a tardy pass. 3 late passes land you a spot in Saturday school. Perfect on time attendance gets you a chance to win a prize.

If that's what it takes to get kids to school on time these days, then that's what it takes, I guess. I just wish the student body representatives would have signs that used proper English!

Miulang

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln01p.html
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Baldwin High fights student tardiness

By Kamehameha schools standards, that's pretty lenient! At Kamehameha if you're tardy at all it's automatic Saturday detention! If you wear a Nike shirt or wear a shirt inside out, that's Saturday detention!

But hey any form of detention is good if it means prompt students. I think public schools need more support from parents and administrators to deal with unruly students.

And yes I believe that all school kids should adhere to some form of dress code whether it be stricter guidelines of public appearance or uniforms. The way the girls dress at High school reminds me of a time when only sluts and prostitutes wore that kind of outfits. But then I guess these girls want to be considered sluts? And the guys ho man try watching dem buggahs run across the street with those baggy pants. Looks like their holding up their tutus as they prance across the asphalt dance floor like ballerina's

And it's all to be cool...uh huh pants falling down and showing your dirty underwear is really cool...well you take the smokes away from them and they pick baggy pants and pimpwear as substitutes. Yep real intelligent!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
    X