Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a Lighter Note....

Would like to know if anything (new) you would like to share from
    your friends or family stories that you are excited about....

New mother(s) giving birth, being a new father?
    Child/children graduating, What their plans are after graduating, or
    what your child/children would like to be when they get older.
    Relatives &/or Friends whom you have not seen in a long time.

My brother inlaw is a lawyer, & his son would like to be an artist
    when he gets older.
    I think that is really nice.
    I guess children now a days are not so much as following
    in their parents footsteps anymore.

I guess I thought that children always wanted to be like their parents,
    apparently not. That is still good, atleast it shows independence.

Aloha & Happy Holidays.
    Aches & Pains
    (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Re: On a Lighter Note....

My youngest boy Jesse (number 6 of 6 boys) is having his 1st year baby luau next week! And thus ends the legacy of this immediate family's Nisei generation as my plumbing has been deactivated for the sake of the world. I never thought shooting blanks could be so much fun...no worries, no more EPT kits in the medicine cabinet for my tired wife.

And I won't be running my parents broke every year for christmas/birthday presents for the grandkids. As my 72-year old mom said to me after the birth of Jesse last year, "Nuff already!!"
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Craig,....

Atleast you are not worried about "shooting blanks".
      We are in the same boat, but no children at all.
      I guess that's good, but other times, my mind wishes otherwise.
      I guess between my brain & I, I just can't win for loosing,
      & can't loose for winning. Oh well. I try to adjust now & then.
      Atleast we can have fun trying.
      I just try to give the excuse of, "we are still practicing."

Aloha & Happy Holidays.
      Aches & Pains

Comment

- Older brother is coming home for a visit on the 19th (now the real fun begins)
        - I just volunteered at a Shop with a Cop event at the Salt Lake and Waikele Kmarts as a Law Enforement Explorer (I've been on a 5 month hiatus because of school) and it feels good volunteering again (even though it was with young children).
        - I'm fixing a friend's computer and I'm seeking all of the help I can get right now.
        How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

The newness in my family, well I have sisters-in-law now. My uncle isn't well.

That's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by kamlost
            The newness in my family, well I have sisters-in-law now. My uncle isn't well.

That's about it.
            I am very glad that you have a sister-in-law.
            Hope that you 2 are able to conversate alot
            of good things together. I hope & pray that
            your uncle gets better soon. I hope that
            it is not a permanent illness, like my hubby's dad.
            My hubby's dad must be wheeled chaired at all
            times when he is taken out with people.
            I hope & pray that your uncle feels better soon.

Aloha & happy holidayys to you & your family.
            Mele Kalikimaka.
            Aches & Pains

Comment

It's funny how life can be so cyclical sometimes. I just recently got a position with the Bishop Museum again. I worked there for almost five years and had left over ten years ago. Whoa how time flys... And part of the wierdness is that I'm working with a classmate that I went to school with from kindergarden through high school. Both my kids are now young adults and out on their own so I don't have them in the house anymore, like BK-Before Kids. So maybe it's time I learned to play again. Have become way too serious over the years with all the responsibilities heaped on. Wish me luck.
              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
                It's funny how life can be so cyclical sometimes. I just recently got a position with the Bishop Museum again. I worked there for almost five years and had left over ten years ago. Whoa how time flys... And part of the wierdness is that I'm working with a classmate that I went to school with from kindergarden through high school. Both my kids are now young adults and out on their own so I don't have them in the house anymore, like BK-Before Kids. So maybe it's time I learned to play again. Have become way too serious over the years with all the responsibilities heaped on. Wish me luck.
                I'm glad & Thankful that you areable to share this great news. I myself also get so surprised as the time flies so quickly & seemed like only yesterday &/or last year that certain event that happened when it was merely many years back. I am glad that you have gotten hired back from the last time you were there, & have added an extra bonus as well, I. E. that you ended up working with old high school buddy. Now that your kids are older & out of the house, you are relieved of responsibilty of your children.

Like you said, that they are out, you shoud learn to play again & not be too serious about life.

Life is too short, I feel that once a person is relieved of too much responsibility(own children), should learn to live again, enjoy life to the fullest, & learn not be too serious about life. Good luck with your old/new job & good luck & take care.

Aloha & God Bless.
                Aches & Pains

Comment

- Brother's coming to visit next week
                  - Siblings camping on a beach for a few days, so it'll be very quiet (and less traffic on our network)
                  - I'm finally getting the hang of math! (if I had this teacher a year ago, then probably I'd graduate this july)
                  (yeah, I know I have a blog, but I don't feel like typing there right now)
                  How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adri1456
                    - Brother's coming to visit next week
                    - Siblings camping on a beach for a few days, so it'll be very quiet (and less traffic on our network)
                    - I'm finally getting the hang of math! (if I had this teacher a year ago, then probably I'd graduate this july)
                    (yeah, I know I have a blog, but I don't feel like typing there right now)
                    Hi Adril, how's everything with you? Hope you & the family have finally reconciled your disputes from a while back.

Glad to know that your brother will be visiting next week. I bet you haven't seen him in a while too. It's always good to reminisce some things that you haven't caught up with.

Well, I guess that would be a good thing that your siblings are camping out.Like you said, it will be quiet & less traffic in the house.

Don't feel bad about math, either. I have trouble with it as well. I sometimes wished that I had my hubby's brain of knowledge about math, if I did, I would have graduated math myself long time ago. I am sure quite a few has the same trouble, but just too shy to admit it.

I guess, having a blog helps to relieve some tensions, but I think it is also better to have someone real to talk to, to help get a better perspective on things. If not inperson, or on the phone, atleast someone you can chatt with like in a mesenger.

I have a real good friend that I chatt with, now & then. He lives in Canada. I also help him get alot of perspective on things when we get a chance to chatt now & then. I Hope you have a real friend to talk to &/or to chatt with atleast, other than blogging all the time.

I'm glad to know someone that is close to my race, atleast there is some kind of common ground.

Good luck with that math thing.
                    Take care & God Bless.

Aloha.
                    Last edited by Serenity; June 12, 2005, 09:08 PM.
                    Aches & Pains

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity
                      I'm glad & Thankful that you areable to share this great news. I myself also get so surprised as the time flies so quickly & seemed like only yesterday &/or last year that certain event that happened when it was merely many years back. I am glad that you have gotten hired back from the last time you were there, & have added an extra bonus as well, I. E. that you ended up working with old high school buddy. Now that your kids are older & out of the house, you are relieved of responsibilty of your children.

Like you said, that they are out, you shoud learn to play again & not be too serious about life.

Life is too short, I feel that once a person is relieved of too much responsibility(own children), should learn to live again, enjoy life to the fullest, & learn not be too serious about life. Good luck with your old/new job & good luck & take care.

Aloha & God Bless.
                      Thanks Serenity! I went sailin' today with a buddy and it felt great to be on the ocean again. I just read your comments now. Again thanks.
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy2
                        Thanks Serenity! I went sailin' today with a buddy and it felt great to be on the ocean again. I just read your comments now. Again thanks.
                        You are very welcome. I do also understand that people have other lives, jobs, etc.. that takes up most of their time from the computer & often times don't have the time to get back to the computer itself to send messages back. I am in that way, aslo. So I trully understand.

I am so glad that you went sailing & enjoyed yourself!. I think having fun & doing all the fun things such as sailing etc. is a good thing. Sitting infront of a computer all the time is not as fun as actually being out there sailing, going to the beach, traveling, seeing new sites, etc. Now I find that much more fun than sitting infront of the computer any day. Glad you had so much fun. Enjoy your life to the fullest & don't let work, &/or any computer at home or at work drag you down from keeping the things you enjoy doing the most.

Take care & God Bless.

Aloha.
                        Aches & Pains

Comment

I have some good news of my own, too.

I have found my cousin whom I have lost in contact in a long time. I found him in this type of forum area of all things. It's a type where you can can add your family/friends, etc.. in your list of friends. So I was excited. He aslo gave my phone number to his daughter to call me, she was the cutest thing I ever did hear.

My other cousin from the mainland is coming here to visit by the end of Aug. so all that is here in this Island(s) with me will be getting togther then with her. I can't wait. I also haven't seen her, her hubby, & her new son in such a long time. The last I saw them, they didn't even have any child with them, then. Both of them put together, they are just the funniest bunch!., kind of like my hubby & I sometimes.

Well, that's what's new for me this year!. Woo Hoo!.

God Bless & Take care.
                          Aches & Pains

Comment

My daughter will be coming back to school in Hilo soon (been in Kansas with her mother all summer)....not sure I'll still be here by then though.

My farm - Kona Mist Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by DaveNSoKona
                              My daughter will be coming back to school in Hilo soon (been in Kansas with her mother all summer)....not sure I'll still be here by then though.
                              That's good to know that your daughter will be coming back soon from HILO, I am sorry to hear that you might miss her. Hope you cn atleast stay for a while to see your daughter when she comes back, I'm sure she will like that.

I hope that your daughter & her mother is living in a better part of town, the reason why I say that is, because in my first marriage, I lived in Edgerton Ks, & that town is pretty small, smaller yet, next to Gardner. Had to drive all the way to Olathe, just to get to town. Edgerton is infact, so small that it isn't even on the map. I hope that they or your daughter's mother lives towards the city. I think that is proabaly much better area than where I lived before.

When I lived in Edgerton, I think the only excitement there was, was a house burning down, & everyone would gather to watch as the fireman puts it out. I think there was only a store, which is a mile or two away. It has been a long time since I have been there.

My heart has always been here in Honolulu, so I am glad that I have moved (divorced), & moved back here again & to re marry. (which is my 2nd marriage in my 37 years. )

Well, hope that you can atleast get together with your daughter & not miss her altogether.

Take care & God Bless. :-)
                              Aches & Pains

Comment

Working...
                              X